Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDW and M4 gearbox?

• 16-03-2014 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭

Is there any difference between these gearboxes? If so, what is it and would it make a diiference if I didn't have it on the gerabox/gun?

I have a pdw outer body but not sure if a standard m4 gearbox would fit and work fine?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

If your talking about a KAC type PDW then a m4 gear box should work in it as both are ver 2's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Mini Dude

yes the KAC version, what about the selector switch, how would that work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Sleepershark

Needs to be drilled for both selectors to work. Bolt release catch needs to be removed aswell to allow a standard v2 gearbox to fit and then of course the you cannot release the bolt forward. So some parts need to be removed a spring and a catch pin and the bolt will function like a standard m4 just pull the charging handle to expose the hop up. A standard bolt release catch can replace the pdw one for external cosmetic reasons. I have personal experience. Have a kac pdw with standard v2 gearbox installed, its a tight fit and needs the mods mentioned above and a little bit of grinding on the gearbox itself. Easy if you know what your doing but not a drop in job, depends on what parts you have in your shell.

Needs to be drilled for both selectors to work. Bolt release catch needs to be removed aswell to allow a standard v2 gearbox to fit and then of course the you cannot release the bolt forward. So some parts need to be removed a spring and a catch pin and the bolt will function like a standard m4 just pull the charging handle to expose the hop up. A standard bolt release catch can replace the pdw one for external cosmetic reasons. I have personal experience. Have a kac pdw with standard v2 gearbox installed, its a tight fit and needs the mods mentioned above and a little bit of grinding on the gearbox itself. Easy if you know what your doing.

Wouldn't know what i'm doing tbh so I think that i'l just get it new(full)Thanks anyway

• Advertisement

Mini Dude wrote: »
    Wouldn't know what i'm doing tbh so I think that i'l just get it new(full)Thanks anyway

You interested in selling the pdw?

Don't have one, sell someone seeling the complete outer body, so if I could have got that and then put in a v2 gearbox, it would be job done, but wouldn't know what im doing so i'll just buy one new.

Where is it for sale?

Facebook, the guy who was looking for one, passed so I'd say its still available, the group is: Ireland AIRSOFT sales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

I build up another model pdw with a standard v2 gearbox. Had to shave some bit off the selector parts to get it to fit on the gearbox shell. Most v2 gearbox should have the hole through them for ambi-dextrous selector but the pdw uses two gears on both sides or something like that so getting them to fit in the body and around the gearbox can take a little "modding". If you don't have the bar with a gear on both sides to begin with then it is not possible as the pdw uses two gears to adjust the selector it is not done the same way as in an m4

• Advertisement
Advertisement