Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN

Options
  • 16-03-2014 4:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13

What one ye all using on here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Haven't subscribed yet, but completed a 1 week free trial so more than likely going with Astrill soon, for P2P support, no logs kept and plenty of servers worldwide if you wanted to bypass geographic restrictions.

Also, they support routers running DD-WRT, so if you already have the "OpenVPN" build of DD-WRT running, they can add plugin so you can manage your VPN on a simple extra page in your routers Admin screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Thinking of setting up my own for a limited number of subscribers, tbh. At least I'll know for sure it does what it says it will on the log keeping front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Khannie wrote: »
    Thinking of setting up my own for a limited number of subscribers, tbh. At least I'll know for sure it does what it says it will on the log keeping front.
    could it be hosted on a seedbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Private Internet Access is very good for the price. Under thirty a year, strong encryption, clear policies, and live chat support.

• Advertisement

I have openvpn on a couple of vps that I manage..

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭mct1

+1 for PIA (Private Internate Access). Very professional, user friendly, works well, excellent value. Happy to recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

How's the P2P speed for Private Internet Access ?
    I like the price.

Any of ye running it on a DD-WRT compatible router?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭mct1

Hi CreepingDeath, sorry I don't use P2P much and no DD-WRT, but go to https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ and you can chat to them live now, and also ask your questions of users on the VPN forum there.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Another one for Private Internet Access. I did my research and it seems to be extremely well reviewed. Simple, easy, cheap - does everything you'd need.

Re the speeds, I may be crazy but I swear my internet is now faster!

• Advertisement
Advertisement