Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run advice needed

Options
  • 16-03-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Last year i did my first and so far only sprint tri. I then more or less slackened off until just before xmas for various reasons . I will at best be middle of pack finish but more likely near the back. I have been concentrating on running and now am up to 10k.i have been running 3 times a week .1 4k 1 5k and 1 longer run. I did 10 k this morning in 61 min. I have been running all my runs at slow pace just over 6m/km. Should i now introduce speed and tempo or continue as i am but increase distance. Should i go longer than 10k even though i will only be doing sprint tris. I am worried about injury if i introduce speed work. My pb 3k is 14.03 and 5k is 26.32 both last year and i only dream of these times now.Am i wasting my time with these slow runs or will the endurance pay off in the end.

Comments

Advertisement