Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy used camera in city

Options
  • 16-03-2014 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking to buy a dslr camera and was hoping to pick up a used one for a but less of a steep entry price.

Anyone know of places in the city where you can pick up second hand cameras that I could check out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

the 2 camera shops on Oliver Plunkett St. (MacSweeny's and O'Leary's) will have second hand stock, however you will pay a bit extra as they will be taking a cut.
    You should also check out adverts.ie and donedeal and compare prices etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Have you tried adverts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

You could try Cash Converters on McCurtin St (if they're still open).
    It's basically a pawn shop but they might have some cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

rcdk1 wrote: »

Cash Connectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

evilivor wrote: »
    Cash Connectors.

:)
    Googled them and did a mental high five when I found this listing for Cash Converters, MacCurtin St, Cork ....... and then looked at the photos on the page :(

Cash Connectors it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

rcdk1 wrote: »

I wouldn't bother to be honest, their prices are crazy on a lot of stuff and I'd imagine you'd have little come back if something wasn't up to scratch. O Learys have a decent selection of second hand gear and are decent to deal with. Adverts also has loads of photography gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

11811 wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother to be honest, their prices are crazy.

Too tootin right. I paid €80 for a Fuji pocket camera a few years ago. It was a lot of money I thought especially for the model number, turns out that both the camera shops already mentioned had brand new identical product for actually less money with two year warranty and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Have you had a look in Entertainment Exchange on the Grand Parade? Basically a bit like Cash Connectors/Converters but seems a bit more respectable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Have you had a look in Entertainment Exchange on the Grand Parade? Basically a bit like Cash Connectors/Converters but seems a bit more respectable.

Quality of their products seems pretty decent but prices don't seem to be much below new.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Try CEX on Grand Parade,you could even trade in some games as part exchange and pay the balance in cash.

• Advertisement
Advertisement