Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van accident 2 years ago

Options
  • 16-03-2014 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all am looking abit of advice , 2 year ago this month I was involved in a head on collision when I was driving from job to job . A bit of info about myself am self employed plumber and work for myself. So accident happened the other driver pulled across my lane and we had a head on crash . My van was wrote off I was carried away to hospital in ambulance , long story short the other driver was charged with dangerous driving and his insurance company admitted liability on his behalf . I was shook up no Brokin bones but whiplash and back pain. After a week it was clear I was in a lot more pain than I thought again cutting down on the detail abit I was unable to work for 26 weeks I had no personal injury insurance so I was forced to seek help from dole ie sick pay . Some how I was intilted to it was means tested and I was great full for the help. Eventually I got back on my feet I was able to work again ( again I have to say my back pain and whiplash kept me outta work due to my job been 100% physical every day ) so I accepted payout for replacement for my van I submitted a loss of earning report from my account 2013 audited accounts ie proof of earning post accident . My loss of earning is about €18500 net and this is the sticking point with the insurance company , even though I can prove with post accident earnings . I just feel like am been made feel like guilty party here , I was injured and was forced outta work thru no fault of my own not to mention the thousands of euros worth of damage of tools that am told I can't claim for because I was not insured for tools in transit . The crash also nearly but my business under am a young guy in my mid 20s and the loss of contracts and customers when I was off work ( also very hard to prove ) when self employed . So if you are still reading ha! Has any1 got any advise of A : how long more will this take to settle B: how much compensation should I be expecting for loss of earning and for my I jury's any information from people who have been in similar suituation or who are in the know will be really appricated thanks

Comments

Advertisement