Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a basic electic propagator

• 16-03-2014 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

I have a basic steward electric propagator but lost the instructions.
    It has a seed tray insert with a few holes in it, I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to fill it with soil and use it that way
    (Growing toms and peppers)
    But what Ive done is use the really small pots, put them in the seed tray and that in turn into the propagator.
    Is that going to work?
    Or maybe better to put the pots directly into the propagator instead of the seed tray??

http://www.stewart-garden.com/planter-collection/44-essentials-electric-propagator.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I put a layer of those clay balls at the bottom of my propagator to spread the heat evenly and I use a thermometer to see exactly what the heat is. I put trays on top of the balls and pots with seeds then in them. As soon as the seeds pot up I then put them in trays on the windowsill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Oldtree wrote: »
    I put a layer of those clay balls at the bottom of my propagator to spread the heat evenly and I use a thermometer to see exactly what the heat is. I put trays on top of the balls and pots with seeds then in them. As soon as the seeds pot up I then put them in trays on the windowsill

great so not too bad then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I would just put the pots directly in the prop, will work fine. Even with the plastic dome, I still cover the pots with cling film as a good amount of moisture can form on the dome. Check twice a day and whip them out when the first one or wo start germinate.

Advertisement