Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greasy hair

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

It definitely does have to do with what products you use, but it also has to do with quite literally, training your hair. Almost detoxing it. In our effort to keep clean, with the products we use and the frequency, we almost take away what the body regulates, naturally.

It is not ideal (but its only for a few weeks - yes I am a professional working woman), but the way I trained it for greasiness was as follows:
    - Wash your hair (with a clarifying shampoo) and condition the tips.
    - Again, as per above, it is not what we like to do (as Westerners) but you need to leave it/not wash it, for at least 5/6 days. By all means, shower away as normal, just NOT your hair. Tie it up out of your face (for work etc).
    - On next wash, again, clarifying shampoo/conditioner on the tips. Again leave it.
    - Then on next attempt, cut it down to washing every 4 days. Then to as you wish. Wash once with clarifying shampoo and then a shampoo for normal hair (to soften it) and condition.

I kid you not. I have past the shoulder length hair. And I get compliments allll the time and "what do you use?". I dont use anything, bar wash it once/twice per week. There is no magic product. And it is as simple as that. I trained it. All it took was patience. I washed my hair last on Thursday evening. And today, it still looks good! But this evening, I will wash it again.

sam34 wrote: »
    Hi, just posting an update.

I tried the klorane shampoo, which was a bit of a disaster- it worked in that my hair was no longer greasy but it went to the opposite extreme, I had straw-like wurzul gummidge-esque hair, which was worse than the greasy hair, so I've gone back to Pantene while I track down the neutrogena shampoo.

I'm sorry I recommended it Sam :(.

I bought some more myself, since it's been a while since I used it, and I think they changed the formula. Like you, I was left with hard, straw-like hair. Disaster.

I've been using Suave professionals damage care shampoo and conditioner to undo the damage, and it's actually insanely good for less than $2 each! Available on Amazon for anyone interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Candie wrote: »
    I'm sorry I recommended it Sam :(.

No worries!
    Thanks to all for further recommendations. I'll try neutrogena next and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Coggles

Dry shampoo works for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I had seriously greasy hair after using a Tigi conditioner - found the Pantene Pro V Aqua Light stuff great - its sulphate free. I also used a Timotei conditioner for greasy hair and then every few days used the Tigi one - it really sorted my hair out.

The new Elvive Fibrology Thickening shampoo sounds good too - just about to try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Challo

Also try Loreal Light Shampoo. It's pink with a bright green lid, not in every range but I got it in Boots a month ago. It's especially for greasy hair and I notice a difference for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Another grease head here
    A few I've tried-Panthene Clarifying (clear bottle) widely available, Timotei for greasy hair. Alberto Balsam do one for greasy hair too(got it in Tesco)
    Also tesco were doing an own brand shampoo that was for greasy hair-tried it too was ok
    There's another one I've heard of but can't find-Neutogena Clean-supposed to be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Loreal pure resource professional range, have oily hair, it's the only thing that works for me. It costs €12 - €15 for a bottle of it. Personally I don't think you need to cut out conditioner, just be totally anal about only applying to your ends.
    (If you're friends with a hair stylist maybe they could get you the large 1500ml bottles of loreal professional range and they only cost €15 - actually criminal that the small bottles cost the same!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 orla.mccormack

Olaplex is good

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Please don't resurrect zombie threads. Mod

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement