Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spike island ferries!

Options
  • 16-03-2014 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know if any ferries going to spike island tomorrow from Cobh and if so what are times?

Thanks everybody ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Not sure of the times but what I am sure of is the crazy way they run the ferry, there are two ferries daily, if you take the 1st ferry out you must take the 1st ferry back, same with the 2nd one, 2nd out, then 2nd back, this drastically limits the amount of time on the island which is well worth visiting, tried taking the 2nd ferry back to maximise my time on the island and they weren't having it :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I think the ferries dont start till may OP, open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

Heard spike island well worth seeing but don't want to spend hour and half on road tomorrow and no ferry to be got! See it on line that one company doesn't operate till April!

Might just wait another few weeks!
    Pity as it's not raining so it's an Irish summer at present ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

bogman wrote: »
    Not sure of the times but what I am sure of is the crazy way they run the ferry, there are two ferries daily, if you take the 1st ferry out you must take the 1st ferry back, same with the 2nd one, 2nd out, then 2nd back, this drastically limits the amount of time on the island which is well worth visiting, tried taking the 2nd ferry back to maximise my time on the island and they weren't having it :-(

I though that was a bit odd at first as well, but if a lot of people stayed till the last ferry they'd have no room on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Ccheidi wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know if any ferries going to spike island tomorrow from Cobh and if so what are times?

Thanks everybody ;-)

There are ferries going over on paddys day, at 11am, 12 and 1 as part of the open weekend.
    bogman wrote: »

It is not a case of having to get the designated ferry back, anyone that does want to stay til a later boat ask a member of staff, which they have to go about seeing if there is room on a later boat (ie, number from the third boat in, last boat out and also room for staff to save a second trip). Numbers are taken for each boat, and upon return numbers are needed to make sure no one is left behind on the island.

• Advertisement
Advertisement