Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know an emergency number for BOI?

Options
  • 16-03-2014 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭

Two guests staying with me have lost their card in a BOI ATM. They've been ringing the Banking 365 number all day and no one is answering the phones, they've tried other numbers listed for them which don't even seem to exist and the emergency contact number01-4044000 isn't being answered by anyone either, I really don't know what they are up to but it's pretty poor form IMO.

Anyone know a direct number that will at least let them talk to someone ? It's been more than 24 hours now and their holiday is beginning to get ruined as they can't even get to talk to anyone about it, please help !

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Got this from a search:
    Bank of ireland 24 hour Emergency Helpline:Lost and Stolen cards:353 56 7757007 (24 hours) *1890 251 251 Customer Services:01 679 8433 (24 hours) *1890 251 251

http://www.kgbanswers.co.uk/bank-of-ireland-24-hour-helpline/17699551

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

24hr Lost or Stolen Helpline

RoI

Tel: 1890 706 706

GB & NI

Tel: 0845 309 8099

Outside these locations

Tel: +353 56775 7007
    These are the official numbers to call if you've lost a card. Have they tried these?

https://www.bankofireland.com/contact-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks lads, I finally got through to them there by ringing the stolen credit card number even though it's not a credit card.

Anyway according to BOI they have outsourced their ATM servicing to another company and that company has a policy of destroying all ATM cards that get swallowed up inside an ATM machine. I really find it incredible that they just go and destroy property with zero attempt to return it to the owner. These two German tourists have really been left high and dry by this policy, luckily there they are a couple and it's not a solo traveller, if it was they could be in serious trouble to get cash out. Pretty poor form by BOI IMO, they just didn't want to know yet it is their machine at fault here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thanks lads, I finally got through to them there by ringing the stolen credit card number even though it's not a credit card.

Anyway according to BOI they have outsourced their ATM servicing to another company and that company has a policy of destroying all ATM cards that get swallowed up inside an ATM machine. I really find it incredible that they just go and destroy property with zero attempt to return it to the owner. These two German tourists have really been left high and dry by this policy, luckily there they are a couple and it's not a solo traveller, if it was they could be in serious trouble to get cash out. Pretty poor form by BOI IMO, they just didn't want to know yet it is their machine at fault here.

What exactly happened that caused the card to be swallowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

Muahahaha wrote: »

Just on a point of semantics, any bank card/credit card/etc is always the property of the issuing bank!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

That sounds a bit odd. Not sure why BOI claim this is an outsourcing issue.

As far as I am aware it is general policy of any card by any bank taken by a machine to be cancelled and a new one to be issued. It's been this way for years from what I recall.

Advertisement