Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike videos thread

Options
  • 16-03-2014 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

i did a search and couldnt find a videos thread so thought id start one!

Just flicking around on youtube and came accross this video of 2 lads, one on a zx6 and gsxr 1000 doing Laragh to Blessington. Ya gotta admire the skill but the speed they are doin they are ****in nuts!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

aaakev wrote: »
    i did a search and couldnt find a videos thread so thought id start one!

Just flicking around on youtube and came accross this video of 2 lads, one on a zx6 and gsxr 1000 doing Laragh to Blessington. Ya gotta admire the skill but the speed they are doin they are ****in nuts!!

First thing I'd do is stick a bit of insulating tape over that flashing orange light on the clocks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Yeah what is that flashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Yeah what is that flashing?

Was it not his petrol gauge?

dunner515 wrote: »
    Was it not his petrol gauge?

Thought that too but he drove passed 2 petrol stations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Thats what i thought aswell

Mine flashes at first then when its really close to empty it stays on the whole time

He didnt seem to worried about saving his petrol though:D

Good video but crazy carry on doing that up there, he had a little scare at one point aswell

I would not have liked to meet him coming for me!

The bit where his mate ahead nearly met the range rover was mad, didnt seem to faze him at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Classic battle between Rossi and Lorenzo

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWZG1nhgwgg

M. Dunlop doing a lap of the TT 2013

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,704 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Thought that too but he drove passed 2 petrol stations!

3 actually :p

Here's one that didn't work out so well.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

It's an oldie but a good one!

ninja900 wrote: »

That's wonda and lookbehindyou :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »

Thought I recognised that voice... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hope I get royalties for this vid....great story behind it too. Too graphic for this PG13 site :pac:

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »

Not lying in the road I hope :o

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Re. the stunt clips posted earlier well here's some Irish stunter's in Finglas recently.

Its a long clip but well worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Polish lad is was out in a group of 4, he was last. Came off at the back others never came back for him (cant post up why), lad only bought the bike a couple of days ago. And his Dainese suit the week before....in the end it turned out he had multiple fractures to his hip and a broken collar bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Not lying in the road I hope :o

None of us having a siesta on the road in pain.

Guy was a Polish lad who was with a few others out for a spin. If you see the few bikes going the opposite way in the vid, its them.
    He was the last in the group who took off from Laragh, and with inexperience, he scared himself on a very slight bend in the road, looked at the wall at the side of the road, scraped off it, and ended up wrecking his bike.

Its a pity that none of his mates ever thought of using their mirrors.

We just came across the scene, and helped out while waiting for an ambulance.

Big thanks to the owner of Bikeworld. He was stuck in the traffic delay, and he offered to take the wrecked bike in his van and mind it for the lad, FOR NO CHARGE or no charge for storage either. We helped him get the bike in to his van.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Zascar wrote: »

I thought it would be your vid from mondello! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

:eek::mad:

some good videos in that channel!

https://www.youtube.com/user/rnickeymouse/videos

Saw this is another thread, doesn't look like the BMW goes over 299kmph on the speedo, I wonder if this is because of the so called gentlemans agreement made betweeen manufacturers in 2000?
    It looks to me like he certainly is going over 299 but the speedo wont show above it. That said the cbr blows him away! (unrestricted)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'd love to try this

^^^
    I'd love to see the rope snap! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Wan tew

• Advertisement

Advertisement