Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stihl km130r any experience?

• 16-03-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

For once I am asking for advice!

Does anyone have one of these? Are they any good? I would be looking to run it with the brushcutter attachment.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

I have the km 100. Its a step down. There is three of them. This is the middle one. I use it with a hedge cutter and pole saw. The reason I didn't go for the bigger one is because I thought it wold be a bit heavy for hedge cutting.

its stihl so reliability and all that is excellent One thing I notice is the balance is class. power to weight ratio is also really good

I've used a brush cutter on it once. Its as good as any stihl strimmer in that engine range. Id say it depends on what work you want to do whether you go for this. I have a stihl professional 450 brush cutter. id say hire one of those if you can and compare it to the km 130.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Hi sure, thanks for that, I did actually get it in the end and am delighted with it, I already have the fs460 which is the newer version of your one but wanted a medium size loop handle machine, I also have a smaller loop handle (25cc) for light trimming work. I agree you can't beat stihl quality, I always used to be a husqvarna fan but have changed almost all of my equipment to stihl now.

Advertisement