Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Build Advice

Options
  • 17-03-2014 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello.
    I am new to Boards and I am also a new to building a PC so please bear with me. I need to buy a desktop PC for my own Graphic Design & printing business which I am starting up. I will not be doing web design or video work...print only. My budget is 700-800 euro.

Therefore I need a PC that has high RAM, fast processor, good graphics card and good monitor. My friend has helped me come up with the following spec from hardwareversand but I would like some advice before I go ahead with my order as its a big investment for me!

The Following is the components we have chosen:
    - LG GH24NS bare schwarz
    - Thermaltake V4 Black Edition ohne Netzeil
    - MSI R9 270 Gaming 2G, AMD Radeon R9 270, 2GB DDR5
    - ASUS PCE-N15
    - 8GB-Kit G-Skill RipJaws PC3-12800U CL9
    - Seagate Barracuda 7200 2000GB SATA 6Gb/s
    - AMD FX-8320 Processor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+
    - Samsung Monitor S22C350H
    - Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550w
    - ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0, AM3+, ATX
    - Rechner Zusammenbau

I will be using Adobe CS, high internet use, running multiple programs simultaneously, connected to an OKI ES360 A3 printer.
    So I would just like some advice on whether this is a good build for my needs and if all the components are compatible and/or reliable?

Thank you in advance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

noodlesmc wrote: »
    Hello.
    I am new to Boards and I am also a new to building a PC so please bear with me. I need to buy a desktop PC for my own Graphic Design & printing business which I am starting up. I will not be doing web design or video work...print only. My budget is 700-800 euro.

Therefore I need a PC that has high RAM, fast processor, good graphics card and good monitor. My friend has helped me come up with the following spec from hardwareversand but I would like some advice before I go ahead with my order as its a big investment for me!

The Following is the components we have chosen:
    - LG GH24NS bare schwarz
    - Thermaltake V4 Black Edition ohne Netzeil
    - MSI R9 270 Gaming 2G, AMD Radeon R9 270, 2GB DDR5
    - ASUS PCE-N15
    - 8GB-Kit G-Skill RipJaws PC3-12800U CL9
    - Seagate Barracuda 7200 2000GB SATA 6Gb/s
    - AMD FX-8320 Processor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+
    - Samsung Monitor S22C350H
    - Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550w
    - ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0, AM3+, ATX
    - Rechner Zusammenbau

I will be using Adobe CS, high internet use, running multiple programs simultaneously, connected to an OKI ES360 A3 printer.
    So I would just like some advice on whether this is a good build for my needs and if all the components are compatible and/or reliable?

Thank you in advance.:)

Firstly make sure you use Geizhals.de discount site for hardwareversand.

Try add an after market cooler AMD 8000 series run hot.

If you don't need the 2 tb. Get the Seagate sshd 1tb 65 euro. Faster than the 2 tb.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 noodlesmc

Hello SterlingArcher, thanks for your advice.

Like I said I am a newbie to PC building so I need to ask...
    Is Geizhals.de a separate company/site from hardwareversand or are they connected?
    I presume you have used either/both of them, so you find them reliable?

I will look into the other 2 suggestions you made.
    But other than those, do you think this is a good build for my needs?

Thanks.
    N

Advertisement