Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall chaser

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

230v would limit its use, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Hoagy wrote: »
    230v would limit its use, wouldn't it?

ya
    and then electricians can't do domestic work

its no use at all lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I couldnt see it being much good, even the professional 5 inch chasers are underpowered e.g the Hilti, milkwaukee, makita ones, if you want a decent chaser pay the money and buy a 9 inch Hitachi grinder and the twin disc attachement and good quality 7 inch Turbo blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

it'd probably do if you're doing a house or two. The blades with it will be ****e so you'll need to pick up some decent ones. Also It will kill any domestic hoover you attach to it you need something similar to the wet vac ones. You'd probably get cheaper ones on ebay that'd be as good/bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

WikiHow wrote: »
    I couldnt see it being much good, even the professional 5 inch chasers are underpowered e.g the Hilti, milkwaukee, makita ones, if you want a decent chaser pay the money and buy a 9 inch Hitachi grinder and the twin disc attachement and good quality 7 inch Turbo blades.

Where can you buy the twin attachment?

• Advertisement

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    it'd probably do if you're doing a house or two. The blades with it will be ****e so you'll need to pick up some decent ones. Also It will kill any domestic hoover you attach to it you need something similar to the wet vac ones. You'd probably get cheaper ones on ebay that'd be as good/bad

I wouldn't be using it dat much. If it brakes I can just get my money back theres a 3 year guarantee on it. It's basically free tool hire.

Cogsy88 wrote: »
    Where can you buy the twin attachment?

It was off a company in Dublin, i will find out.
    I wouldn't be using it dat much. If it brakes I can just get my money back theres a 3 year guarantee on it. It's basically free tool hire.

You will get sick of it before you break it, the only blocks that that would chase successfully is breeze blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

WikiHow wrote: »
    You will get sick of it before you break it, the only blocks that that would chase successfully is breeze blocks.

Not necessarily I've a cheap one off ebay which has chased every variety of block work.

sure it won't chase poured concrete although I've yet to try.

OP if you're only using it for small jobs go for it as you say it's a free tool for 3 years.

Not necessarily I've a cheap one off ebay which has chased every variety of block work.

sure it won't chase poured concrete although I've yet to try.

OP if you're only using it for small jobs go for it as you say it's a free tool for 3 years.

Yea grabbed one this mornin. When I got home I opened it up and pluged her in for a trial. The whole spindle or whatever you call it seemed to be crooked and when I hit the button the blade got jammed in the guard.

I brought it back and they gave me a new one no problem and it seems fine.

It's in lidl so it's green. Aldi is blue I think.

Someone's post just disappeared!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

It's in lidl so it's green. Aldi is blue I think.

Sorry I deleted that
    I have the blue one
    never used it
    never could see the need if you have a good kango

Would you face into a building with over 300 metres of chasing though?

Sorry I deleted that
    I have the blue one
    never used it
    never could see the need if you have a good kango

Would they not be all over the place wit a kango?

This is the job.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_loOGNvVSAs

He is just chasing soft blocks there again, the only thing that thing is good for is Vibration white finger.

Advertisement