Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Busker Season!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Saxophone guy sounds like an indiscrete cat strangler.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 383 ✭✭Mike747

"Sit on the ground baldy guy who sings miserable songs" This guy drives me insane lol He butchers every single song and sings them all in exactly the same miserable tone. It's like if Maroon 5 sang Everybody Hurts by REM on repeat lol.

And the Sax players are all woeful except some Hungarian guy who plays late at night.

That dude gives me the creeps, singing in his woman's voice.

Is that the sax player who improvises so much you can't even tell the tune he's playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

I admire people that put themselves out there like that but do you not think it's better that people find out that they're not very good through constructive criticism so that they can go and find something they might be good at instead? I mean this in the best possible way!

People should stop giving them money as that is the only constructive criticism that really will stop most of them. I also make a point of never giving money to people with amps, think it should be natural if they are busking but maybe thats just me.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

For balance there are also some amazing buskers, on Sunday there was a string quartet playing Elanor Rigby outside the AIB. Memorising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

People should stop giving them money as that is the only constructive criticism that really will stop most of them. I also make a point of never giving money to people with amps, think it should be natural if they are busking but maybe thats just me.
    In an ideal world, this would happen but people see someone murdering a song, it makes them laugh, they decide the busker is great craic and they throw him a euro or two.

There is one guy this happens with in particular and it drives me insane because it only encourages him.

Edit: Currently enjoying "Careless Whisper" on the sax. I want to die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

reminds me of this

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

inisboffin wrote: »
    :P

If a musician quit being a musician just because of someones *opinion* posted on boards which was 'constructive criticism', then yeah, perhaps they shouldn't be a musician in the first place LOL!

In fact if most famous people read 'critique' on all the internets, and took it on, they would probably switch to another career, no? ;)

This comment made me think of the "mean tweets" section on some American talk show(can't remember which one) where the celebrity has to read out various tweets made by strangers about them on twitter.

Some of them were absolutely hilarious........

Mean Tweets for Galway buskers on TG4........maybe I'm onto something:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Naux wrote: »
    This comment made me think of the "mean tweets" section on some American talk show(can't remember which one) where the celebrity has to read out various tweets made by strangers about them on twitter.

Some of them were absolutely hilarious........

Mean Tweets for Galway buskers on TG4........maybe I'm onto something:D

I loved watching that! Difference is though that it was a more even playing field, and the celebs got positive press from doing that, as they were already, well, celebs and not trying to pay their rent. Cate Blanchett and Joseph Gordon Levitt are my faves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

People have been ignoring my warning to stop getting personal about the buskers. So we'll just end it here, as if you can't play nice, don't play at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement