Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac book pro

• 17-03-2014 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Long story short, I am in the process of buying a MacBook, really like the 13 inch 256 MacBook Air.
    I have noticed that most new laptops don't come with a cd drives anymore.
    This doesn't bother me but my wife is set on a laptop with one.
    Am I right in thinking that the old pre retina display pros are the only MacBook with the drives.
    Would I be made to buy the older model.
    The cost is about the same.
    One last question, looked at the apple refurb store, are those computers ok.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

mcko wrote: »
    Long story short, I am in the process of buying a MacBook, really like the 13 inch 256 MacBook Air.
    I have noticed that most new laptops don't come with a cd drives anymore.
    This doesn't bother me but my wife is set on a laptop with one.
    Am I right in thinking that the old pre retina display pros are the only MacBook with the drives.
    Would I be made to buy the older model.
    The cost is about the same.
    One last question, looked at the apple refurb store, are those computers ok.

Thanks.

There is a forum for Macs, rather than iDevices here: Mac Forum.. Unfortunately this forum is badly named, IMO and leads to confusion, but thats another days work.:D

You can buy a Superdrive which is made for it, but obviously means bringing it around with you. Refurb store is fine, that is where I would normally buy mine. They are not necessarily faulty ones that have been sent back, it can be a case of a buyer changing their mind, but it can't be sold as brand new anymore. They are fully checked and inspected by Apple before sale. Full warranty, you can return it using Apple's 14 days no quibble policy, and if you want you can buy the AppleCare for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

+1 for the external CD drive, if you really really need one. And +1 on the refurb store.

Advertisement