Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year WHV?

Options
  • 17-03-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I'm coming near the end of my first year here and I'm looking to stay on for a second year. The visa is up the end of May. When should i go about applying for the second one? I have my regional out of the way so it shouldn't be any bother. Anyone know how much it costs as well? That immi.com.au site is like a maze trying to find information!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

conor_db wrote: »
    I'm coming near the end of my first year here and I'm looking to stay on for a second year. The visa is up the end of May. When should i go about applying for the second one? I have my regional out of the way so it shouldn't be any bother. Anyone know how much it costs as well? That immi.com.au site is like a maze trying to find information!

It doesn't matter when you apply for the visa because it starts on the day after your first visa expires.

Apply for it here:

https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/417.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The second year costs the same as the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 23 conor_db

aido79 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter when you apply for the visa because it starts on the day after your first visa expires.

Apply for it here:

https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/417.aspx

Should i be looking to do it ASAP or could i leave it till 2 or 3 weeks before hand. Does it make any difference is what im trying to say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

conor_db wrote: »
    Should i be looking to do it ASAP or could i leave it till 2 or 3 weeks before hand. Does it make any difference is what im trying to say

You can apply today or the day before your visa expires. It makes no difference. If you apply the day before your visa expires you will go onto a bridging visa but when the second year visa kicks in it will have an expiry date 2 years after you first entered the country.

Advertisement