Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mothercare xtreme Giraffe buggy

Options
  • 17-03-2014 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

I currently have an out n about double nipper which I love. Problem is my 2 1/2 year old now refuses to sit in it. Wants to walk everywhere, I also have a one year old who will be needing a buggy for about another year or so. We looked at the Mothercare xtreme giraffe buggy & it looks similar to single out n about. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the mothercare one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I was lucky enough for my friend to loan this to me and I loved it.

She bought it 6 years ago, so its on the market a good while.

It is very big and long, at least 1 ft longer than the single 360.

It's a pleasure to push and steers very easily.

Wheels and tyres give a very smooth ride. You could easily run with it.

The seat is very big, my sister borrowed it and had her 4 year old in it at the zoo!

The basket is also massive, often thought about putting my toddler in there.

It lies completely flat and is very cosy for a sleeping baby.

But, It is still massive when folded, I had to remove the parcel shelf and turn it sideways to get it into my hatchback. I couldn't fit a purse in with it, I had to put the changing bag and shopping under the baby seats!

In the end I used it for the walk every day, it lived in the hall, sometimes folded.

To be honest I cant see why you'd pick it after the 360, are you usually on country roads, what does baby not like about the 360? Or will you have one walking from now on?

If money was no object and I was back again, I would have bought a phil and ted's, though I hated the way they folded and the 'bold child lower deck ' seat, I now see why they are so popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I had one of these and I ended up selling it. It wasn't suited to my needs as it was very big and heavy and at the time we were living in London in a 4th floor flat with no lift. Even when folded it's quite big so you might have trouble fitting it in the boot. It's fine as a buggy though, sturdy and easy to push and fits loads in the basket. A little bit bulky for walking around the shops though! The tires make it very smooth. So if you live in a house and won't need to lug it up steps and if you walk a lot then it might be suitable for you.

I changed it for a baby jogger city sidewalk and that was much better. I'm not sure if that model is still available but the city mini looks great. Or just get a lightweight umbrella stroller if you will only be using it for your one year old. I'm currently using an uppababy gluxe for my 2 year old (yes I went though a lot of buggies!) and I really like it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

We are living n the city now so it will be mainly walks to town we will be doing. My 2 1/2 yr old is insisting she is a big girl now & doesn't need a buggy. Even at the parade today she was wrecked but went on Daddy's shoulders rather than in the buggy. I guess I have been so impressed with the nipper I wanted something similar. My one yr old doesn't seem v comfy with the bucket seats in the nipper. She keeps trying to sit up straight. That's what's stopped me getting the single one. The reviews on the mothercare one are v mixed. It's easier to buy a car!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The seat in the xtreme is very laid back, I used to bring a pillow for my toddler!

You could try the dreaded umbrella fold pushchair and the step (buggy board). I did it, it was hell, but now she's never asks for a rest, but she's 3.5 yrs.

Buggy+Board.jpg

Advertisement