Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Poo - problem

• 17-03-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a problem with a dog pooing outside my gates.
    I have a gravel driveway and the dog poos directly outside my gates.
    I am going to try Jeyes Fluid which is strong smelling - does anyone know if this works, and is it safe to put on the ground? or other proven methods of prevention.
    No joke replies please - I can't shoot the dog, I can't shoot the owner, I can't drop the poo back to the owner,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

Conology wrote: »
    Hi
    I have a problem with a dog pooing outside my gates.
    I have a gravel driveway and the dog poos directly outside my gates.
    I am going to try Jeyes Fluid which is strong smelling - does anyone know if this works, and is it safe to put on the ground? or other proven methods of prevention.
    No joke replies please - I can't shoot the dog, I can't shoot the owner, I can't drop the poo back to the owner,

Thanks

If it's outside your gates then it's not your problem it's a dog fouling problem which is covered by laws.

Contact the local authority and report issue.

Also, just curious , does the dog just walk up to your gate and poop, then leave?

Maybe he doesn't like you?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

If it's outside your gates then it's not your problem it's a dog fouling problem which is covered by laws.

Contact the local authority and report issue.

Also, just curious , does the dog just walk up to your gate and poop, then leave?

Maybe he doesn't like you?

That's a big help - I'm looking for solutions to the problem - can you try to reply to the question ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Well I have the same problem but I bite the bullet and pick it up myself and bin it as soon as I see it. I have a dog myself and am not too squimish. I wouldn use jeys it is very toxic to dogs.
    I have never seens anyone let their dog poo in the pathway outside my gate I would be having serious words with owners that would allow this.
    I have noticed since I started picking up the poo that there aee much less now. So I guess what I am doing is working. I hope this helps.
    You could also try something like this: http://www.pestcontrolproductsonline.co.uk/product_info.php?id=241

That's a big help - I'm looking for solutions to the problem - can you try to reply to the question ?

I did. It's on public property so report the dog or the owner.

I did. It's on public property so report the dog or the owner.

Hi
    Thanks -
    I won't go that route -
    I'd rather stay friends with my neighbours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Jeyes is fine and has worked for us in the past. Just make sure to make it up the the right concentration per the instructions on the back. Get off my lawn gel is good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

There is a product called Get Off! I've used it on the strip of grass outside my house where one dog ****es, I put it down 2 times a week. It's a spray.
    Am told dogs hate citrus fruit smells so something with orange peel is also an option. I've read about this product Get Away.
    I'm a dog owner but I'd never pick up another mutt's ****e. That dog, OP, has associated your gate with the toilet. It's now a habit. Habit that can be broken with the owners direction.
    Can you have a courteous word with owner about the distress it's causing?

Hi
    Thanks -
    I won't go that route -
    I'd rather stay friends with my neighbours.

Well then put up with it. If you're not able to tell your neighbour that their dog is crapping in front of your house you must have serious issues.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Well then put up with it. If you're not able to tell your neighbour that their dog is crapping in front of your house you must have serious issues.

There's no need to address other posters in this way chuckyarelaw, our charter requires posters to be respectful of one another.
    It's not always easy for people, whether they have "serious issues" or not, to approach their neighbours to make a complaint.
    The op has been given several good, passive ways to deal with it, as requested.
    Do not reply to this post on-thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

DBB wrote: »
    There's no need to address other posters in this way chuckyarelaw, our charter requires posters to be respectful of one another.
    It's not always easy for people, whether they have "serious issues" or not, to approach their neighbours to make a complaint.
    The op has been given several good, passive ways to deal with it, as requested.
    Do not reply to this post on-thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Hi
    Thanks for the support.
    I was thinking the same thoughts as you but didn't want to add more fuel to it.
    I am lucky to have nice neighbours and if the matter was serious enough I have no doubt I could take it up with them.
    The "passive" solutions are the best at the moment.
    Thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement