Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What songs for sing along at wedding?

Options
  • 17-03-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

My wedding is coming end of May and I'd like to get peoples ideas for some good tunes (to be accompanied by acoustic guitar), to get people singing or at least some songs that go down well.

Preferably not the really over played stuff (eg 500 miles etc.)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

The Calling - Wherever You Will Go
    Caledonia
    Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
    The Beatles - Hey Jude
    Kenny Rogers - The Gambler
    Garth Brooks - The Dance

From my own experiences of playing guitar in a social setting, these songs usually spark people into joining in!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

The Calling - Wherever You Will Go
    Caledonia
    Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
    The Beatles - Hey Jude
    Kenny Rogers - The Gambler
    Garth Brooks - The Dance

From my own experiences of playing guitar in a social setting, these songs usually spark people into joining in!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Killing in the name of
    paranoia
    any metallica
    ...... my point is depends on what your friends are in to

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Buy yourself a couple of the books of lyrics they have available (like The Words of 100 Irish party songs). I've found that some people don't trust themselves to sing 'cos they're not sure they know all the words. And these kinds of books also jog people's memories of songs they might not have thought of for a while. I brought a few of them to a weekend away a couple of months ago and they went down very well.

What if all his friends are metal heads or cuntry fans !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Plenty of country songs in any compilation of favourite Irish party songs. Not sure there's a huge amount of metal that lends itself well to an acoustic singalong style though, what would you suggest (haven't listened to much metal at all since I was a teenager, and that's a long time ago - could think of a few Iron Maiden songs that would be good but that's about it)? :P

To be honest im not really answering the question because its a bit like 'how long is a piece of string' most wedding sinalongs comprise of the sort of ****e I hate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

"It's the end of the world as we know it" is appropriate.

Advertisement