Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

offy in Dublin before 4

Options
  • 17-03-2014 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

After been caught on the hop. Any city centre offys open early?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well they all should be open now, unless there is some agreement with the Gardai to stay closed on Paddys Day till 4pm ? If so then just walk a little bit out of the city centre and find a supermarket, try Superquinn near Hueston, Tesco inStoneybatter, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Well they all should be open now, unless there is some agreement with the Gardai to stay closed on Paddys Day till 4pm ? If so then just walk a little bit out of the city centre and find a supermarket, try Superquinn near Hueston, Tesco inStoneybatter, etc

There is an agreement to not open off-licences early on St. Patrick's Day.

It extends out quite far too. I saw some Americans in the Tesco in Stoneybatter last year who were completely perplexed as to why they couldn't buy beer at one o'clock in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    There is an agreement to not open off-licences early on St. Patrick's Day.

It extends out quite far too. I saw some Americans in the Tesco in Stoneybatter last year who were completely perplexed as to why they couldn't buy beer at one o'clock in the afternoon.

Wow I was suggesting Stoneybatter as I thought it would be far enough out of the centre for the rule not to apply. Perhaps the Tesco in Phibsboro wouldn't have the restriction ? Or in the south Tesco in Rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

The Spar across from Griffith college one is open, got stuff in there earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Wow I was suggesting Stoneybatter as I thought it would be far enough out of the centre for the rule not to apply. Perhaps the Tesco in Phibsboro wouldn't have the restriction ? Or in the south Tesco in Rathmines.

Now that was the case last year. I'm not in Dublin today so can't check what the deal is this year. Although I'm sure the OP is sorted by now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement