Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw - March 17th *MOD NOTE POST 270*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Loved the ending.

Who was missing from this show. Rusev and the Outlaws?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I was awake early today, so watched Raw. But honestly, I can't remember a huge amount of it a few hours on.

The closing segment was brilliant. A real heel showing from Hunter. But once again, it really is a case of "don't think too hard about it", cause otherwise you'll have to ask why it is that a few years back, the whole roster walked out for far, far less than what Hunter and Steph are doing right now. But I think that sums up the feud; don't think too hard and appreciate it in complete isolation of anything else.

Hunter changing the stip to his Bryan match was smart, it casts doubt, and as I said last week, I'd put money on Bryan not winning. Someone suggested a no-contest, followed by a Fatal 4 Way main event and I think that's the most likely now.

After that....I seem to recall Titus in a horrible beard that made me laugh, a useless #BnB promo, Cena/Wyatt's treading water (seriously, the feud has run out of fresh material already), one or two grand matches, Fandango/Goldust going longer than expected. And a great hype video for Taker/Brock. But nothing much outside of the main event that will be relevant or remembered tomorrow, let alone by Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

- As seen on RAW, Bray Wyatt referred to John Cena's girlfriend Nikki Bella as being "plastic." Nikki responded on Twitter:

"Plastic?! Wow. Thanks for noticing @WWEBrayWyatt #RAW @WWE"

They're pretty hard to miss in fairness.

A big auld smooch:

tumblr_n2m3v6zDv51srbyoyo1_1280.png

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

the chair shot to the head was unexpected! but I think he actually hit the ring post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

sockmo wrote: »
    the chair shot to the head was unexpected! but I think he actually hit the ring post

He 100% hit the ring post. No other way they would have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

When I was watching it this morning my mother asked if they did anything for Patrick's. I said they got a dwarf to dress up as a leprechaun. She looked at the tv, saw daniel bryan and asked is that him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Stephanie is really stealing the show when it comes to the authority stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Her facial expressions after the chair shot were excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Her facial expressions after the chair shot were excellent

She doesn't have to try too hard too look demented

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bryan got fired for choking someone with a tie.

Is that any more violent than having Stephanie scream "DROWN HIM! DROOOOWN HIM!" as her husband holds another man's head down in a box of water?

Bryan getting fired was the best thing that could have happened to him.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Bryan getting fired was the best thing that could have happened to him.

But he missed out on being in the Corre :mad:

I loved that last segment. Great heel work.

Otherwise a dull show. Nothing to it.

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

So Ive received a Mod warning for posting "NSFW" images of Torrie Wilson last night .... in a bikini!

Censorship gone mad tbh.

So Ive received a Mod warning for posting "NSFW" images of Torrie Wilson last night .... in a bikini!

Censorship gone mad tbh.

If you have time to be reading threads like this in work, you're probably safe enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

So Ive received a Mod warning for posting "NSFW" images of Torrie Wilson last night .... in a bikini! Censorship gone mad tbh.

If you've a problem with moderation - PM me or any of the mods. Keep it off the board.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Triple H has been brilliant since summerslam. I love how he plays up everyone's worst perceptions of him.
    If you have time to be reading threads like this in work, you're probably safe enough.

Edit: nevermind, mod note below

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Gents, there is an NSFW thread already here. Many people read the raw thread at work/public PCs the next day and the last thing they need popping up is pictures of lovely divas.

If you do want to do this to the Raw thread next week, post the link accompanied by NSFW, DO NOT embed. If you wish to embed, either use the Divas thread, or accept the ban which I will have no problems in handing out.

If anyone has an issue with this, PM me or one of the other mods, do not argue it on the board.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So no more pics Renee in front of a urinal? :(

Post the link by all means accompanied by an NSFW.

Links to nudity however is against Boards.ie rules and will result in an instant ban.

Censorship gone mad tbh.

If people are reading anything on their bosses time they should take the risks that go with it.

gimmick wrote: »
    Post the link by all means accompanied by an NSFW.

Links to nudity however is against Boards.ie rules and will result in an instant ban.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldnt consider anything posted as nudity.

Im just making the point again is all.

I guess this is the end of Raw threads being fun. Last week's one in particular was a riot, considering/because the show itself was so poor.

What a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I guess this is the end of Raw threads being fun. Last week's one in particular was a riot, considering/because the show itself was so poor.

What a shame.

Wrestling is a serious business:mad:

To be fair we should be able to have banter without posting half nude pics.

I have a boss who sneaks up behind people and I read boards in work so I can understand the new mod battleplan.:o

Rjd2 wrote: »

To be fair we should be able to have banter without posting half nude pics.

A girl in a bikini = a half nude pic? :pac:

Catholic Ireland is still alive and well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

A girl in a bikini = a half nude pic? :pac:

Catholic Ireland is still alive and well.

Thing is a hell of a lot of workplaces tend to think so. It's not really fair on people who want to check out the Raw threads the morning after on work to stick up photos that could get them into trouble with the boss. There's already a divas photos thread here for the next time ye get bored watching Raw.

Again:

If people are reading anything on their bosses time they should take the risks that go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Jesus tonight can we please stop this needless back and forth!

On Topic: the ending to raw was brilliant, HHH is such a brilliant heel and hopefully the next 2 weeks he goes back to full blown arsehole mode!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Major kudos to HHH, Steph and Bryan for the end segment, well very done and gets the fans even more behind Bryan, Steph is such a natural heel

I think HHH and Steph should put a no contact clause in the match "contract" for Hunter and Bryan until WM now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Feel bad for Del Rio. He is a great talent but has been given nothing in recent months. He's just going through the motions now.

Wasn't there a rumour he is leaving when his current contract is up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Also, I feel like it will be the Wyatt's (Harper and Rowan) with Kane against the Shield, that would be a very nice undercard match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I don't mean to sound like a whingebag but what's the difference between Stephanie shouting "drown him" and Daniel Bryan choking Roberts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Also, I feel like it will be the Wyatt's (Harper and Rowan) with Kane against the Shield, that would be a very nice undercard match!

Or maybe NAO

I wonder will Brie stand up for her man and take on Steph :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I don't mean to sound like a whingebag but what's the difference between Stephanie shouting "drown him" and Daniel Bryan choking Roberts?

Linda McMahon no longer gearing up for an election I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Triple H pointing out the the fake cops were fake cops was bloody cringeworthy awful. Fake cops are so 1997 but pointing out they're fake is stupid. Like that jeweller that pointed out the jewellery he sold was garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Triple H pointing out the the fake cops were fake cops was bloody cringeworthy awful. Fake cops are so 1997 but pointing out they're fake is stupid. Like that jeweller that pointed out the jewellery he sold was garbage.

I've seen a few people say that today, I think people got the wrong end of the stick there. He wasn't pointing out they were fake for the craic he was pointing out they were fake because they were people he paid to subdue Bryan and handcuff him from a storyline sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Erm he pointed out they were fake because he had planted them to handcuff Bryan without him realising it was Triple H doing it?? It actually made perfect sense in storyline terms to say they were fake!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I picked up that he said they were storyline fake but it was still stupid. We'll see the same kinda guys at some point in the future do the same 'cops arrest wrestler' angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Again:

There is a thing called a lunch break where you can have a look online

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I really thought Creative got things spot on with the main event story this week.

Randy looked strong for the first time in ages, Batista stating he 'didn't come back for this' was a perfect way to go with him (making him say little more than that was better still) and the time given to make HHH not only more heelish, but a big, dirty ol' b*stard made me really interested in his match with Bryan at WM. Steph stating that he was the COO and didn't ned the pressure of it all made sense too. Very few things I could pick holes at this week - which is always good.

It's essentially a big, bad Evolution vs Bryan as a main event now. I can't help but feel it'll be a fatal four-way though. Bryan gets screwed in the first match, so Hogan adds him - or HHH forces himself into the match (whether as a competitor or just as interference). Either way, they've redeemed the main event for me!

I picked up that he said they were storyline fake but it was still stupid. We'll see the same kinda guys at some point in the future do the same 'cops arrest wrestler' angle.

Talk about nitpicking. Jesus.

Just enjoy the segment for what it was.

Is there any joy in being a wrestling fan anymore or are we obligated to complain and pick holes in EVERYTHING?(that isn't being aimed at you, it's just a general moan :o ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ì enjoyed Raw, wasnt great but i enjoyed it and didnt hate much about it (not liking how the are burying Titus though)

Great ending and The Bryan / Hunter /Orton / Big Dave angle, whether or not it was intended to originally go this way, is hitting 5th gear. I enjoyed everything about teh angle on Monday from Batistas petulance to Orton slowly showing that hes still got that killer instinct to Hunter being teh baddest bad guy in the company at the moment. More please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Again:

Statement is pretty daft no matter how many times you make it.
    Anything is pretty broad ,and many other people have jobs that are not task/operator roles.
    In these type of roles there is not the same focus on how many hours you are working during the day but rather the impact you have during your day.With that in mind there is no issue having a forum open.

I would have no issue with my boss seing me check out a forum during the day,as it is I tend to have Boards and BBCsport open all day and glance in and out throughout the day.
    I would though have a problem with him seeing me looking at Bewbs while in work so do not go to places that I would expect to see Bewbs while in the office.
    If the community has made a call that this is a bewbs free zone then what is the problem with that. There is pretty much the entire rest of the internet for you to fap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

d1f02f5002b3d9c16505f96d188f8da4f80a267da39d2274832aa852f5518b4d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

The hilarious alternative running commentary was better than the bewbs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I was reading this thread on Tuesday as I was watching the show. I'll be honest, I was midway through rewatching the Real Americans/Usos match before it clicked that Cesaro didn't actually do a 450 Splash. Renee being kidnapped also had me stumped.

In my defense, I was incredibly hungover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

To be honest Daniel Bryan will surely be taking time off for his wedding the week after mania. I actually think the story would work better if triple h wins the title. It would be so much more entertaining to watch the smarks **** themselves in rage.

Advertisement