Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Favourite Incarnation of DX?

• 17-03-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

First Incarnation

Members: Shawn Michaels (leader), Rick Rude (left in November 1997), Triple H, Chyna

Date: August 11, 1997 – March 29, 1998

Alignment: Heels

tumblr_m88cdzi95f1r99vt3.jpg

Second Incarnation

Members: Triple H (leader) (left in March 1999), Chyna (left in January 1999), X-Pac, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn (left in April 1999)

Date: March 30, 1998 – July 25, 1999

Alignment: Babyfaces

DXArmy2.jpg

Third Incarnation

Members: Triple H (leader), X-Pac, Tori (joined in January 2000), Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley (joined in December 1999), Road Dogg and Billy Gunn (left in February 2000)

Date: October 25, 1999 – November 6, 2000

Alignment: Heels

DX2000.jpg

Fourth incarnation

Members: Triple H and Shawn Michaels

Date: June 12, 2006 – January 7, 2007; August 10, 2009 – March 1, 2010

Alignment: Babyfaces

17824_h2.jpg

Comments

Second for me was the best.

The worst by far was the fourth incarnation. 2 clowns coming out every week thinking they were hilarious. So stupid as well that they were suppose to be anti establishment at that stage when one is married to the Boss' daughter and the other has been in the company nearly 20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

For me, the first was the best. You'd never know what these guys would do each week. The 2nd incarnation was really just a continuation of this, after Shawn was injured.

Agree that the 4th was by far the worst though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

First, it was hilarious, a lot of it was unscripted (apparently) and you'd genuinely be wondering what they'd do every week. the 2006 one was awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Am I the only one that didn't like DeGeneration-X? In terms of match quality there wasn't that many great matches throughout all of them. The Cell match with Taker was excellent, Rock/H ladder match was v. good but he rest was meh and the humour did nothing for, I didn't find the double entendres interesting. The DX vs The Nation of Domination feud was alright for a mid-card angle but it dragged on too long. The 2006 and 2009 incarnation was lousy, just used to shift merchandise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

first one easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Am I the only one that didn't like DeGeneration-X? In terms of match quality there wasn't that many great matches throughout all of them. The Cell match with Taker was excellent, Rock/H ladder match was v. good but he rest was meh and the humour did nothing for, I didn't find the double entendres interesting. The DX vs The Nation of Domination feud was alright for a mid-card angle but it dragged on too long. The 2006 and 2009 incarnation was lousy, just used to shift merchandise.

The stupid sausage jokes and all that were cringeworthy, but Shawn jumping up and down in JR's face and having the facemasks with wipers when Sgt Slaugter was talking to them was hilarious. They were great at riling up a crowd too, I laughed my ass off when HHH lost the "coveted" European title to Shawn, his reaction of disbelief and completely overselling the loss was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Second one for me - I was a huge mark for the New Age Outlaws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

krudler wrote: »
    The stupid sausage jokes and all that were cringeworthy, but Shawn jumping up and down in JR's face and having the facemasks with wipers when Sgt Slaugter was talking to them was hilarious. They were great at riling up a crowd too, I laughed my ass off when HHH lost the "coveted" European title to Shawn, his reaction of disbelief and completely overselling the loss was brilliant.

You just made me remember the match HHH with Slaughter on one of their worst PPV shows at the time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The first one is the easy winner. The second one was good, but kinda dorky and failed to reach the heights of the original line up. Third one wasnt bad but nothing more. Fourth was downright awful.

Pretty much started at the peak and gradually went downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

First 3 incarnations of D-Generation X were without a doubt the best, 4th incarnation was just Triple H & Shawn Michaels goofing off for the younger fans & some nostalgia thrown in for older fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

2nd. Can we just pretend like the 4th one didn't happen :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

First one for me. In HHH documentary he said the the 2006 run was more poking fun at himself and Shawn for being old and trying to act hip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

The second one with the New Age Outlaws included for me.

During the first incarnation, HHH's ass-licking of Shawn Michaels is so cringeworthy; you almost believed that was what the kliq was like in real life; which made me want them to lose; not likeable heels at all in my opinion. Still, very entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The second one with the New Age Outlaws included for me.

During the first incarnation, HHH's ass-licking of Shawn Michaels is so cringeworthy; you almost believed that was what the kliq was like in real life; which made me want them to lose; not likeable heels at all in my opinion. Still, very entertaining.

Heels arent supposed to be likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Never liked DX was always up for the Hart Foundation

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

The first one easily, for sure. Second one was great too, but definitely the first one. It was just so unpredictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The second one for me. Largely because I had more exposure to them than I did the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Jester252 wrote: »
    First one for me. In HHH documentary he said the the 2006 run was more poking fun at himself and Shawn for being old and trying to act hip.
    Which doesn't really work when they're still kicking ass in the ring.

Road Dogg and Billy Gunn have the potential to pull that act off extremely well right now if they want to bury them.

Advertisement