Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dmr build(G&G raider xl(

• 17-03-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Need help. I have a g and g top tech raider xl and I won't to make it into a dmr like plate form.
    Goals=
    1.Get the maximum amout of range.
    2.Get the maximum amount of accuracy.
    3.Improve gearbox(if necessary)
    4.Get relabel fps (3-5 fps deviation)
    5.Do this within a buget of €80-130 internals and €35 for a bipod. I already have a silencer to hide longer Tightbore barrle if thats what I need.
    6.if there is any things that I can not do myself what shop would you recommend I shop go to for the upgrades.

(has anyone used the new steel bull Tightbore barrles and were can you buy them in ireland)
    Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

A Guarder clear hop and a Madbull Black Python 6.03mm tightbore barrel, will give you great range and accuracy.

To improve the FPS consistency, you can change out the cylinder and spring. This will get rid of the blowback, but will in turn give a better airseal and more consistency. You have to change the spring as leaving the original could cause it to be over the 1J limit.

If you wanted to improve trigger response, a change to Deans connectors and AOE mod the piston will give a faster cycle.

Other things could include a new air nozzle and piston head and wrapping the cylinder head and hop-unit in PTFE tape, this will help guarantee the best possible airseal!

If you're confident enough working on gearboxes yourself then it's not all that difficult. If you're not, give me a shout and I'll sort you out!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Hobby king

Thanks for the help but I still have a few question I need help with.
    1.The black pythone ver.II is it as good as or is it even better then the steel bull.
    2.should I do r-hop.
    3.the most work I have ever done to an A.E.G is changing the barrle. So would need so guidance on internal work.
    4.I found I few extra bob laying around and thought about the Madbull ultimate hop up unit (3 in 1). I read some very good reviews. But is it actually worth it(I have the money). Scraped bipod idea.
    5.Is there any way to keep blowback?(is not to important but would be nice to keep it).
    6.do I get a 363mm or get a 455mm. In 6.03 or 6.01?
    7.Is there any ways of reducing inner barrlle vibrations(on the cheap).
    Thanks for the help

*I looked at some Madbull tightbore barrles reviews and people said the inner coating wares away easily .Is this true or bull**** .

Answers in red!
    Hobby king wrote: »
    Thanks for the help but I still have a few question I need help with.
    1.The black pythone ver.II is it as good as or is it even better then the steel bull.
    Personally, I've seen no difference myself. I've used both and they're both great barrels

2.should I do r-hop.
    I've no experience with R-hops, but have heard mixed reviews on them myself! Some say they're great others say that they're just like other hop rubbers. So I honestly can't give you a definite opinion on that one.

3.the most work I have ever done to an A.E.G is changing the barrle. So would need so guidance on internal work.
    Internal work can be quite straight forward at times, but can also be very head wrecking.

4.I found I few extra bob laying around and thought about the Madbull ultimate hop up unit (3 in 1). I read some very good reviews. But is it actually worth it(I have the money). Scraped bipod idea.
    I've never been convinced of the Madbull Ultimate hop-up unit myself, installed a few and the owners were delighted. I've always been a fan of the G&P and Guarder hop units. But the stock G&G one's aren't bad at all, they're better than most!

5.Is there any way to keep blowback?(is not to important but would be nice to keep it).
    You can of course, the cylinder and spring change is not necessary by any means, it just gives that extra consistency!

6.do I get a 363mm or get a 455mm. In 6.03 or 6.01?
    That's a matter of personal preference really! The slight increase in accuracy is all you'll really gain from a longer barrel. I prefer 6.03 barrels, it's nice to not have to worry (too much) about BBs jamming in the barrel. As you have to be very careful with the BBs you use in a 6.01!

7.Is there any ways of reducing inner barrlle vibrations(on the cheap).
    A few wraps of PTFE tape along the length of the inner barrel is the easiest way to do it, I usually do it at two or three points, depending on barrel length. One at the end and one in the middle is usually more than enough!

Thanks for the help
    No bothers! :)

Thanks for help. I have decided to=
    1.Will buy Madbull black phython(6.03 and 363mm or 407/455mn ) and will buy what length is in stock.
    2.Will pass for now and do more research.
    3.Need help on internal work(improve airseal,compression and maybe removing blowback)
    4.Will get ultimate.Because I have always wanted a tracer unit and this give me the ability to get the €30 upgrade in the future(have read some really good reviews but if you have an option on the tracer part of it would love to have your opinion)
    5.Still undecided on keeping or getting ride of blowback.
    6.Will tap barrle but need some help Interms of how to and or videos(if any) I should watch in how to.
    And again thanks for the help

Can anyone help me with tech work will even pay for tech work.

• Advertisement

If you're based in Dublin or close enough, give me a PM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

if you're in Kildare, let me know. Can sort you out if you need a hand building it.

Thanks for the offer but I am based in Wicklow.
    Side note this is why I love airsoft the community is so helpful and willing to help newer less experencided players.

Advertisement