Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bookkeeping business. What is the best way to attract clients.

• 17-03-2014 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi. I'm a bookkeeper that has a few clients already snapped up. I'm trying to attract a few more clients. I have tried the local newspapers but I have had little luck. I would be grateful for any advice please. Many thanks Noel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭theKillerBite

Here is a couple of idea's:
    • Look at etenders.ie - the public procurement website, there is always public contracts availiable for accountants/auditors
    • Go onto irishjobs.ie etc & look for companies looking to hire bookkeepers, offer your services
    • Subscribe to the following thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056252817
    • Join your local enterprise board and go to their networking events
    • Ask all your friends if they know anyone looking for a bookkeeper

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cillmhanach

Thanks a million the killer bite much appreciated.

Here is a couple of idea's:
    • Look at etenders.ie - the public procurement website, there is always public contracts availiable for accountants/auditors
    • Go onto irishjobs.ie etc & look for companies looking to hire bookkeepers, offer your services
    • Subscribe to the following thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056252817
    • Join your local enterprise board and go to their networking events
    • Ask all your friends if they know anyone looking for a bookkeeper

Good luck

For bookkeepers out there. Are ye getting many clients? I am doing ok with about 40 clients got over two years. I wonder should I spent more on advertising?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Dub_Steve

Traditional advertising may not be the way to go. I assume most people would want a recommendation. If you could get a video recommendation from your clients it may help get some new business.

Also, try attend some of the networking events. There's a few on meetup.com

Finally, maybe create a referral group and get people who complement your service eg accountants, company formations, web developers etc essentially people who provide services to your target client who you're not in competition with

Hi Dub_Steve. Thanks a million for that. The referral group maybe the way to go as you cannot beat 'Word of Mouth'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Joe Chang

I think to provide the best accounting services to client is very much important. And also report is a big issue. Clients want user friendly and well analyzed report. We are using Zipbooks for most of our client. You need to let more people know about your service. Facebook is a good place for that. we are using double entry bookkeeping system for our clients. Another tips, collect more recommendations by your previous clients.

Advertisement