Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St paddys parade maynooth

Options
  • 17-03-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

What you make of this?

I thought it was brutal this year, the delays in floats getting around was desperate. Got very bored.
    No stewards to help with crowds, only naoise carroll and labour senator in maynooth is all I saw.
    Should have barriers or something to help with the control of the crowds instead.
    That politician guest speaker at the start, no interest in listening to him. Here for a parade, not a lecture.
    As said, been at it for last number of years but this year was brutal in my eyes so what yee think?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We had a great day:)
    It was not as crowded as last year but still plenty of people came out to watch.
    We saw stewards and Gardai and did not notice a lack of them.
    i did not hear any of the speakers .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Was there with young kids so went up the top near Maxol, really enjoyed it, kids saw the parade and we were having tea in my brothers house just after 11.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I presume that you'll be volunteering to help improve it next year OP? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

We really enjoyed it and the kids had a ball.

I would agree though that having a politician giving a speech at the beginning was not the best thought out plan. Paddy's day is a day for celebration, not politics. The lack of applause at the end of his speech said it all really....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

There were a few stewards - all volunteers. And they always need more but nobody offers to help. So why don't you offer your services next year. I presume by Labour senator you mean John McGinley - the labour county councillor. He chairs the committee every year so give him a shout and let him know that you're willing to assist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement