Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a good 4G router

Options
  • 17-03-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Can I get some advice on getting a 4G router with a good Wi-Fi range and can connect at least 5 devices, I've tried the Huawei E5372 and the range is very poor.(On a budget btw)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cindys z

Hello!I used to buy a huawei b593 router,its coverage is also 100m!I usually travel carried it ,Later 100m'coverage can't meet my requirement,later i bought a original huawei b593 antenna!They are worked together very well !maybe you can also consider buy a huawei b593 with a original router!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 abc_defg

What i choose is the Huawei B593 4G LTE CPE in my family. What its advantage is that it can move everywhere.Regardless of i use it indoor or outdoor,the signal are both good.I bought this product is through a site by my friend!This product is really good, and I thank them very much!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

No more huawei recomendations please!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Paul Thomas Rowland

ShaunC wrote: »
    Can I get some advice on getting a 4G router with a good Wi-Fi range and can connect at least 5 devices, I've tried the Huawei E5372 and the range is very poor.(On a budget btw)

On a budget, you can get an excellent solution with heaps of functionality and excellent security. For my friend who lives in the wilds of north mayo, I purchased a Huawei Echolife HG655a Ver C (Vodafone and others brand these boxes) on Adverts for €10 plus postage and flashed OpenWRT on it. I purchased a decent USB UMTS Radio (get a unit with high band width - Vodafone, O2 etc brand these) from Adverts for €10 incl postage.

I flashed OpenWRT on the HG655a and plugged in the USB radio with a Vodafone SIM. I configured it and it has run fine for well over a year. Recently changed to a Tesco Mobile data only SIM to reduce costs - €2.50 for the SIM and €15 for 3G of data over 90 days. Find a package that suits your needs.

If you are not a techie, you can get the full package ready to go out of the box occasionally on Adverts for ~€40. If you prefer another brand of router, get one with a decent spec n supported by OpenWRT. I've also used the HG655a as a wirelss repeater, it's main appeal is cost. It will run off a car battery as will most of these boxes.

Advertisement