Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activate 365 online from abroad

Options
  • 17-03-2014 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I am currently not in Irleland and want to activate 365 online. Do I get the PIN to login on the phone when I call the 365 number or do I have to wait for snail mail? ;-)

Thanks,
    Bjorn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi codegefluester[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can apply here for online banking here and await a PIN in the post. It would then be necessary to call Bank of Ireland 365 to activate this PIN with a representative.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We would suggest calling Bank of Ireland 365 first, as depending on your account type, it may be possible for a representative to set this up for you over the phone without awaiting the PIN in the post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Our representatives are available Monday- Friday 8am-12 midnight, Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holidays 9am -6pm. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Our contact numbers are 0818 365 365 or when calling from abroad please use 00353 140 44000.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you need any further assistance, please do contact us here again.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2 codegefluester

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can apply here for online banking here and await a PIN in the post. It would then be necessary to call Bank of Ireland 365 to activate this PIN with a representative.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We would suggest calling Bank of Ireland 365 first, as depending on your account type, it may be possible for a representative to set this up for you over the phone without awaiting the PIN in the post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Our representatives are available Monday- Friday 8am-12 midnight, Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holidays 9am -6pm. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Our contact numbers are 0818 365 365 or when calling from abroad please use 00353 140 44000.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you need any further assistance, please do contact us here again.[/font]

Hi Alison,

I tried that but they were not able to give me the PIN on the phone :-( So I can't do any banking until I return to Ireland in May -.- Is there another way we could set up the online account?

Thanks,
    Björn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Regrettably, it will be necessary to await the PIN in the post, this can only be posted to the address on your account and generally takes up to 5 working days.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We can understand our online banking would certainly be beneficial to you, however, the only other option available is to post this PIN to you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.[/font]

Advertisement