Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclub Query

Options
  • 17-03-2014 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I've searched the forum a bit and I can't find the answer to a few particular questions.
    On the 28th of March, myself and a few lads are flying into Dublin for the weekend. We are meeting some friends of ours there and one of them is 20 years old.
    Now he's after telling me that Coppers on a weekend don't accept under 21s (what ****e) so it's coming to a point of actually finding both a club that:

1) accepts under 21s (the rest of us are much older) and

2) that stays open till around 3am and is generally good craic, music etc.

Anyone have any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Try it at least.. it's likely you'll get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

PeteK* wrote: »
    Try it at least.. it's likely you'll get him in.

Cheers, I was thinking the same.
    sugarman wrote: »
    Just chance it, theres normally so many in que they dont bother check everyone on the weekend. Just dont be drunk or messing about and you should be good.

If not theres 3/4 other clubs all next to Coppers to try.. Diceys ..Everleigh Gardens etc etc.. you'll get in somewhere and theyre all much the same.

Sound advice there, thanks :)
    As you say they are similar, do you mean theme wise as well as closing time wise?
    I read Coppers is the only place in Dublin that stays open the longest.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

leggs is open later, Krysal is also open later

leggs is open later, Krysal is also open later

Thanks, I googled Leggs, no website unfortunately so hard to get many details.
    Krystal from what I can see is more of a beer garden than a club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Try Coopers. I have gotten in some nights without being IDed. I imagine if your friend is with a older group the bouncers wouldnt look twice. Bouncers are more concerned with people who are twisted and its coopers so expect a lot of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

bear1 wrote: »
    Thanks, I googled Leggs, no website unfortunately so hard to get many details.
    Krystal from what I can see is more of a beer garden than a club?

Diceys is the beer garden part, Krystal is up above it. Same complex as such, just different venues and clientele.

Sound out everyone, thanks a lot for the help and advice :)

sugarman wrote: »
    Wheres Coopers?;)

No one knows, last I heard he jumped out of a plane in the 70s... didn't know he was in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Well the latest any place will be until is 2am.

that's rubbish. pretty much every club or late bar will open well past 2 at the weekend in Dublin.

Try any of the following, all open past 2AM. if youre struggling for places to end up in Dublin, you just aren't looking!

Dance/mainstream clubs:
    Coppers
    Everleigh Garden
    D2
    Leggs
    Dandelion
    Club M
    Madison
    Lillies
    ALT
    Twisted pepper
    Academy
    Alchemy
    Lafayette
    21's
    Arlington
    Fitszimmons
    buskers
    Morgan
    howl at the Moon
    Café en seine
    37 Dawson street
    Palace

Indie/rock Clubs:
    Whelans
    Workmans Club
    Gypsy Rose
    Fibbers
    Button factory
    Rira
    Sweenys mongrel
    4 Dame Lane
    Underground
    Grand Social

Plus the black door on Harcourt street for live piano bar music.
    Peruke for cool laid back tunes in a novel setting.
    Faat Bhaat for the gogo bar.
    lost society for cool tunes in am old Georgian building
    House on leeson street for more of the same but with a really cool garden :D
    Buck Whaleys for z list celebrity spotting
    Sams bar for late cocktails
    Dice Bar in Smithfield for late night chilled tunes with some amazing characters to boot
    Izakaya for the Japanese late sake bar etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Just as a correction to the above post, on the 28th-29th March, The Button Factory (from 11pm for a club) would be House music and not Indie/Rock.

• Advertisement

I was thinking the 2am closing time was a bit strange, even in Galway they stay open longer.
    Again, many thanks for the list :) much appreciated

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Mr.S wrote: »
    At the weekend a lot of clubs would stay open till 4, with 3-3:30 being the norm.

but bar wrapping up a hour before then, maybe he means serving til that late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Legally, bars are supposed to have last orders at 2.30am. *I think* the law allows for 30 minutes drinking up time. The reality is quite different though, Coppers were still letting people in at 3.30 last friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

but bar wrapping up a hour before then, maybe he means serving til that late?

Licencing laws just don't seem to be enforced here anymore. I left Krystal on Saturday at about 4.30 and they were still serving no bother :P

Offside wrote: »
    Licencing laws just don't seem to be enforced here anymore. I left Krystal on Saturday at about 4.30 and they were still serving no bother :P

the laws have certain loopholes, that these clubs exploit. no laws being broken

the laws have certain loopholes, that these clubs exploit. no laws being broken

The theatre licence loophole was gotten rid of a number of years ago. If they serve after 2.30, they are breaking the law.

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    The theatre licence loophole was gotten rid of a number of years ago. If they serve after 2.30, they are breaking the law.

there are other loopholes

there are other loopholes

Genuine question, what are they? I know the intoxicating liquor act pretty well and I can't think of any exception to the licence that would allow them to serve past 2.30 (except if they were residents of a hotel)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Genuine question, what are they? I know the intoxicating liquor act pretty well and I can't think of any exception to the licence that would allow them to serve past 2.30 (except if they were residents of a hotel)

I'm wondering the same thing, I work on the door on a club. We stop serving bang on 02:30

I've never heard of any loop holes.

hotels can serve later, upstairs in kyrstal is laid out in an unusual way have you noticed, beds, showers etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

If you're not in the know then you don't know, and he is hardly going to rat to some bouncer is he?

hotels can serve later, upstairs in kyrstal is laid out in an unusual way have you noticed, beds, showers etc?

Hotels can serve RESIDENTS later, not normal punters

So, if I understand correctly - In Coppers they can serve late as there is a hotel above them as is the same with Krystal as I see there is a hotel located above them also?
    If there is no hotel, i.e. Alchemy then they must stop at 2.30 and the club closed by 3am?

So, if I understand correctly - In Coppers they can serve late as there is a hotel above them as is the same with Krystal as I see there is a hotel located above them also?
    If there is no hotel, i.e. Alchemy then they must stop at 2.30 and the club closed by 3am?

Nope. Coppers and Krystle etc, serve late because it suits them. The hotel licence only allows them to serve residents after 2.30am.

Nope. Coppers and Krystle etc, serve late because it suits them. The hotel licence only allows them to serve residents after 2.30am.

Right... feck it anyway we'll just get plastered and see what happens :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads, shush or we won't be able to get a later drink after hours anymore. Our licensing laws are ridiculous as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

I think Achelmy is in a hotel too as far as I remember It just doesn't seem to suit them to serve late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

As far as I know coppers goes to the courts on a regularly asking for a late permit and they have to pay a fee for it. Its nothing to do with their licence but the fact they are buying special permits to open late

hfallada wrote: »
    As far as I know coppers goes to the courts on a regularly asking for a late permit and they have to pay a fee for it. Its nothing to do with their licence but the fact they are buying special permits to open late

That late licence extends your closing time from 11.30/12.30 to 2.30, no later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 shauna4444

Hey everyone do you know is it over 20s or 18s on friday night in everleigh garden thanks xx

Advertisement