Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation forum modding.

Options
  • 17-03-2014 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Can I ask those in charge to take a look into the aviation forum. Due to recent events there is quite a busy thread in there, and I think possibly the mods need some help/sorting. I cannot remember witnessing a mod shouting on a forum here before.
    (Yes I am currently banned from there at the moment, and accept I deserve the ban.)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

If you are referring to a mod using bold that is not shouting. Many of us use Bold to differentiate our mod posts from our normal posts.

This is up to each mod and the forum as well. For example I rarely use bold in S&D but I always use it in PI.

Thinking of it I think one of the other mods has it explained in their Sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Yes I am referring to bold typing, I know generally shouting is taking as capital letters, but entire posts in bold strike me as shouting, especially if they are warning posts aimed at individual posters.
    I am on a number of forums other than here with varying degrees of modding, and I have not come accross a mod needing to use so much bold type elsewhere, since making the above post.
    However my main point is considering the amount of extra traffic on that forum at the moment, perhaps the mods could do with some help, maybe some temporary mods.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

If you're banned from a forum, you don't get to do Feedback threads about that forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement