Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abuse of power - Mod abuse

Options
  • 17-03-2014 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hello,

I was banned for something that I posted yesterday even though the thread was not bumped. The reason the moderator banned me is because he did not agree what I said in another thread so he looked for a way to ban me.

The moderate deleted my post in the thread because he realised what he done but this is what I said:

sexualisation of st.patricks day parade
    This who 'gay pride' stuff is a complete joke. The are just doing it for the attention so I'm glad they they were not allowed in the parade. Do you think a 'proud to be straight' group would be allowed to march??

I was simply giving my opinion as a straight man and it was not offensive in the slightest. I'm sure a admin can read the deleted post, it was on this page http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057169714&page=26

The moderator in question did not like what I said but he knew that he could not ban me for this so he looked through my post history to find the smallest thing to ban me for.

So he bans me for this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89494162&postcount=9

If you look at the thread everyone is making fun of the OPs spelling and the OP even calls himself thick. This was in after hours it is supposed to be able to make a few jokes.

This is the thread link;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89494162

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iForgetMyPW

I forgot to say that I got a one month ban

• Registered Users Posts: 33,700 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi iForgetMyPW,

Firstly, yes, saying "The are just doing it for the attention" is offensive. It's a negative sweeping generalisation against a group of people based on nothing more than your own opinion.

Secondly, making fun of someone's spelling is against the forum rules. You went even further than that by saying "Jesus you really are thick..." which is personal abuse.

"This was in after hours it is supposed to be able to make a few jokes."

The above posts of yours are not "jokes". After Hours, as with all forums, have rules which should be adhered to in addition to the main site rules. I'd also like to refer to your previous DRP, which shows you have not learnt from your past mistakes.

Ban stands. Modify your posting style and read the forum charter before posting again when your ban is up, or the next ban will be permanent.

You may ask for an admin to review this decision if you wish.

Okay fair enough but I'm not going to change my posting style in after hours while the majority of people joke around as well. So until you completely kill after hours by banning everyone for making jokes, I shall continue to give funny responses to some threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,700 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Again, what you posted were not "jokes". One was personal abuse, the other offensive to a large group of people. You can choose to continue on as you are, but again, your next AH ban will be a permanent one. The choice is up to you.

Since you don't wish to escalate this to the Admin, this thread can be marked as resolved.

Penn wrote: »
    Again, what you posted were not "jokes". One was personal abuse, the other offensive to a large group of people. You can choose to continue on as you are, but again, your next AH ban will be a permanent one. The choice is up to you.

Since you don't wish to escalate this to the Admin, this thread can be marked as resolved.

It was a joke because in the OP he said "Sorry for spelling I am a bit thick". So that's why I say "Jesus you are thick". How is that not a joke?

Also you can go ahead and perma ban my account now because I wont be coming back to this horrible forum. I can't wait until the activity here drops and you struggle to pay your bills. Lets face you guys are driving members away with your selective modding. I am the co founder of a much lager site than boards.ie which has a large forum so believe me I know how the internet works. After all this forum is a small niche....

• Advertisement
Advertisement