Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ger Brennans speech

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

andyman wrote: »
    I actually mixed you up with the person who said he was unlikable off the pitch. Apologies.
    No prob-tbh i was just stirrin bout the jesus thing, but i genuinely am not mad about him as a player-seems very petulant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

harpsman wrote: »
    Also dont think insulting a player whose boots hes not fit to lace is either very christian or very intelligent.

Oh Lord. You really don't get it, do you? He wasn't having a go at Colm Cooper. He was having a go at AIB for their classless running of ads featuring CC, when the news was already out that he had suffered a season ending injury. But don't let that get in the way of a good rant about a Dub. :rolleyes:

Jeez what is it with u dubs and reading? I never said I expected him to do anything else or that I was remotely offended by his interview. I couldnt give a sh1te if hes very religious-he just came accross as a bit weird, answering every question by referring to jesus.

Well, in just 4 short sentences, in two relatively brief posts:

-you insulted me by implying that I do not know how to read.
    -you called an amateur athlete "a total prick".
    -you also called him "a bit weird".
    -you also said that "he sounded like an idiot" on the basis of one radio interview with him that you heard.

Also, in the post just above this one, you admit to "just stirrin bout the jesus thing." I have no idea whatsoever, as to the meaning of that. I do not speak gibberish. I can only presume that it is not meant to be complimentary towards GB, seeing as you also refer to him as being "petulant" in the same poorly composed sentence.

So after all that quality keyboard warrior-ing, Ger Brennan is the one that you are judging and calling an idiot? Seriously? May I respectfully suggest that you look up the meaning of the word "irony" in the dictionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I'm not a Dub either btw, I'm a Wicklow/Kilkenny hybrid living in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

No prob-tbh i was just stirrin bout the jesus thing, but i genuinely am not mad about him as a player-seems very petulant.

I just think you have problems, don't what they are, don't know why, but while Ger Brennan is a hard man on the pitch, he is a gentleman off it.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/equality-group-hail-gaa-star-brennans-speech-on-boyfriends-and-girlfriends-30106546.html

Here is the latest praise for him from GLEN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Much hubub about nothing really - he was having a jokey pop at AIB for the ads not the players for appearing in the ads. Likely the Colm Cooper post-cruciate injury ad in particular. My sister has met him and said he's a lovely chap. He took my flag and got it signed by a heap of Dublin players - he's a good guy in my book but don't let me stop all the ABDs from having a go ;)

The Brendan Cummins ad is very annoying, even for a Tipp man.
    Whatever about the Gooch who has genuinely been close to one, Cummins club are about as near to winning a club All-Ireland as the AHL Division 9 hurling team I play with an odd time in Dublin.

Advertisement