Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expats in Galway, did you ever regret moving there?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

bahamut88 wrote: »
    I'm very precise, I like things being done properly. :D

Let go of that before you come here :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭bahamut88

Dutchess wrote: »
    Let go of that before you come here :rolleyes:;)

Come on, It can't be worse than here, can it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cbd18

I had my handbag in the boot and we drove to the Salthill Prom on a sunny autumn Saturday to walk the dog, thinking it would be safe in the boot with all the people around I left it in there to return to find our car window smashed in and the backseat down and my handbag gone :(

cbd18 wrote: »
    I had my handbag in the boot and we drove to the Salthill Prom on a sunny autumn Saturday to walk the dog, thinking it would be safe in the boot with all the people around I left it in there to return to find our car window smashed in and the backseat down and my handbag gone :(

:(:mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

:(:mad:

If it's any consolation, Galway is the safest 'feeling' city I've ever been to in Ireland. I walk around most of the city at night no problem. There's lots of people around, even on a Monday or Tuesday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I brought my girlfriend over to Galway a little while ago. We went around to a few different places while there. Donegal, Mayo, Clare, Dublin. Her least favorite place was Galway. Which I found suprising. She thought the people had a different attitude than others in the country and they seemed 'miserable'. I would have guessed Dublin would be the one place that she didn't like but the people we talked to there were very nice. The bus companies and Tourist Information people working in the city there are really great ambassadors for the country.

Shame, because I love Galway. I'll have to bring her out to the likes of Clifden next time.

If it's any consolation, Galway is the safest 'feeling' city I've ever been to in Ireland. I walk around most of the city at night no problem. There's lots of people around, even on a Monday or Tuesday night.

I'm not much worried, I'm a 185x83kg, shaved head, ugly as hell. :D

People don't usually come close to me, which is surprising because I'm a calm guy. :eek:

As I was saying, things happen in every city, I mean, there are cities worse than others (Detroit?) but generally speaking I've never felt in danger in Europe wherever I went. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Lundar.

I'm not much worried, I'm a 185x83kg, shaved head, ugly as hell. :D

People don't usually come close to me, which is surprising because I'm a calm guy. :eek:

As I was saying, things happen in every city, I mean, there are cities worse than others (Detroit?) but generally speaking I've never felt in danger in Europe wherever I went. ;)

So your 15 tonnes in weight :)

Advertisement