Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash For Nikon D80

• 17-03-2014 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I recently bought a Nikon D80, my introduction to digital photography.

With the exception of the popup flash the camera came without a flash. Can any of you recommend a flash that will go with the Nikon D80

Thanks guys
    Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I love the SB-700, I find it to be a great external flash and very reliable!
    I've used Yongnuo flashes, had both fail on me within a few months or light use. But I seem to be the only one who has gotten dodgy ones! C'est la vie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I have nothing but good things to say about the Yongnuo's I have for my D90. They are YN468-II which I think have been superseded with new models.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

As always thanks for your replies.

My last camera was a Canon T50 with a Speedlight 177A I'm assuming that a. been a different make and b. one been digital and the other been film that they'll not match?

As I'll probably try to buy of eBay is there anything I need to be aware of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Have a look on www.adverts.ie there are a few Nikon flashguns for sale there.
    Also Berminghams have a s/h SB600 >>>>
    http://berminghamcameras.ie/pre-owned-nikon-flashguns/
    Just look for wear and tear marks on the flash, this usually tells you if it has been looked after well. Other than that it is either working or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭RickyWed

If you have the cash get sb700 if not get Yongnuo 565ex is a beast for really no money. TTL, sensor zoom detection, really good one obviously the build is not as sb700 but it cost like 70euro so you can get three for that... TTL is not as consistent as sb700 but I would learn manual mode and thats it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement