Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improve SEO for Website

Options
  • 17-03-2014 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Just wondering what's the best way to go about improving the ranking on my website (it's a Driving School). I know there's no easy way, my website is on Wordpress so I haven't spent any money to date.

There's a company called Vroom who claim that they can improve the rankings and they don't seem to be making any mad claims, so I wouldn't mind spending a few bob if it helped.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭Talisman

Post the link to the website, or PM it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Post your site here or in the Internet Marketing / SEO or Website Reviews forums. You'll get plenty of advice or pointers. PM isn't such a good idea as there's no peer review for bad advice, and there's plenty of bad advice and people or companies who talk the talk but don't walk the walk; Vroom being such an example imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

I'm with tricky: lash up the link and you'll get a whole heap of advice - much (all?) of the stuff you can do in your own and save yourself some cash - but importantly, learn the process as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 David Teacher

brian076 wrote: »
    Just wondering what's the best way to go about improving the ranking on my website (it's a Driving School). I know there's no easy way, my website is on Wordpress so I haven't spent any money to date.

There's a company called Vroom who claim that they can improve the rankings and they don't seem to be making any mad claims, so I wouldn't mind spending a few bob if it helped.

Anyone any ideas?

I believe if you change your site on a regular basis, this really helps. I'v been doing quite well with mine, then about a month and a half ago, there was a period of a couple of weeks where I didn't do anything with it and it dropped a few pages. I started making small changes again on a daily basis and it seems to be moving up again.
    I also watch google webmaster videos on youtube too, and they seem really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 siobhand1

Hi Brien funny you mention SEO as I too wondered about how,and where, when of SEO. I looked at linkedin.com and they gave some great links.From my brief reading and perception you have to Basically link Adwords and Google analytics. Then in your adwords account you chose words related to your biz2/3 positive words and then negative words that you don't want your biz to attract.
    To get ranked it is really all about what you spend so if you invest like in any advertising you will get returns not today no tomorrow but over time. Google gives you measure, measure ,performance, from this you can see what words or what is working in you advertising. From this information you can change your campaign and eventually you will find what works then setting your maximum cost per click or CPC bids consider the value of a click.
    How much is it worth to you to have someone visit your website? If high value, then you might want to set a higher bid. In general, a higher CPC bid can allow your add to show at a higher position on the page.

When considering an add campaign keep in mind it’s all about the money and if you want top page rank, you pay for it. If you get business then it is worth it. Also google make it accessible to diy your own advertising campaign. Spend a little time looking it over but once you get the hang of it no problem to you.
    there is also that xml site map and if possible get the motoring association to link to you. Or anybody you know with a site to kink to you it all helps.

Also believe it or not try and have a .ie domain name. It does have value to promote the Irish extension.
    Good info here about the advantages of .ie. IEDR.ie:confused::confused: Join the club confusion is the first step in profit profusion.

Here is a youtube link to a Benefits of Linking your Google Analytics and Adwords Accounts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EmXFM1_xEo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

siobhand1 wrote: »
    Hi Brien funny you mention SEO as I too wondered about how,and where, when of SEO. I looked at linkedin.com and they gave some great links.From my brief reading and perception you have to Basically link Adwords and Google analytics. Then in your adwords account you chose words related to your biz2/3 positive words and then negative words that you don't want your biz to attract.
    To get ranked it is really all about what you spend so if you invest like in any advertising you will get returns not today no tomorrow but over time. Google gives you measure, measure ,performance, from this you can see what words or what is working in you advertising. From this information you can change your campaign and eventually you will find what works then setting your maximum cost per click or CPC bids consider the value of a click.
    How much is it worth to you to have someone visit your website? If high value, then you might want to set a higher bid. In general, a higher CPC bid can allow your add to show at a higher position on the page.

When considering an add campaign keep in mind it’s all about the money and if you want top page rank, you pay for it. If you get business then it is worth it. Also google make it accessible to diy your own advertising campaign. Spend a little time looking it over but once you get the hang of it no problem to you.

Here is a youtube link to a Benefits of Linking your Google Analytics and Adwords Accounts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EmXFM1_xEo

Google AdWords is Search advertising, or pay per click, and is not the same as SEO, or Search Engine Optimisation, where clicks to your website through organic listings are free.

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/seo-vs-adwords-revealed/71417/

Ah yeah very good, thanks for that, can it get any more complicated;)
    I'm going to do that course you advertise on your site.

And the course is FREE whoa I'm on it, starting with digital analytics fundamentals

Advertisement