Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin-Boston-NY Aer Lingus Flight

Options
  • 17-03-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,

I currently have a price of 547 for flights on 30th August from Dublin to Boston & returning from New York September 9th - this is in the Aer Lingus sale, which ends tomorrow.

Has anyone booked flights for this time frame before?

I'm quite happy with the price but just hesitant as they might go down in price!

Any advice appreciated, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MRG77

The flights are in August/September. That´s peak summer time travel. They won´t go down, only up. Buy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

That is not a bad price at all, considering that it is still in peak summer time travel. The time frame also straddles the Labour Day holiday (the first Monday in September) which is the last major summer bank holiday weekend in the US. That normally drives the price of fares up too. If the price goes down at all, which I don't think it will, it won't be by much. I'd pull the trigger on that price now, if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

jump on that fare and resist the temptation to keep checking after you've booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

super price for the time of year....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

MRG77 wrote: »
    The flights are in August/September. That´s peak summer time travel. They won´t go down, only up. Buy now.
    I played chicken with Aer Lingus for flights last year for the all ireland football weekend. They remained affordable for a while and when I was expecting a bit of a sale 6 weeks out they doubled and doubled again - so I ended up watching the game on the telly.
    Lesson to be learnt, if the flight is an acceptable and reasonable price with little wiggle room on the down side, then go for it before you get caught out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Synney

Thanks guys, booked at that price :)

Advertisement