Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

take away food

Options
  • 17-03-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Ordered a meal through Justeat waited 40 mins phoned them they said did not receive order, fair enough wanted to charge me more because i phoned the order in ,told them to do one lost a customer tonight. their are non so blind that those who cannot see.

Crazy decision for a business what do you think?

I wont name the place but its on Yelp & Indian cuisene

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Hootanany wrote: »
    Ordered a meal through Justeat waited 40 mins phoned them they said did not receive order, fair enough wanted to charge me more because i phoned the order in ,told them to do one lost a customer tonight. their are non so blind that those who cannot see.

Crazy decision for a business what do you think?

Did you receive a confirmation of the booking within a few minutes of making the order?

As for the restaurant, whats your beef with them exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If Just Eat didn't get your order then neither did the restaurant and as far as I can see the restaurant has nothing to apologise for so you have no basis to even vaguely identify them, let alone name them.

I can't for the life of me see what value Just Eat adds to the process of ordering a take-out. All of my local take-outs shove their menus through my letterbox so why do I need Just Eat to process an order that I can phone in myself and be certain that it's been received?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

my beef is its 20 percent off orders over 25 lids whenn i phoned them they wanted more money to deliver it? Just eat charges a commission on every order so say my order was 24 lids less commission they wanted 26 its not the money but the attidude.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

my beef is its 20 percent off orders over 25 lids whenn i phoned them they wanted more money to deliver it? Just eat charges a commission on every order so say my order was 24 lids less commission they wanted 26 its not the money but the attidude.

The delivery charge is the drivers wages? If that's what your sayin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Orders taken over the phone cost X. Orders taken via eat-me/feed-me etc cost less and the saving is passed on to the customer.

In this case, while you made the order via feedme, the order was not received by the restaurant, so when you called they quoted you the phone rate.

If you did not recieve an order confirmation then the order did not get processed.

If you did receive an order confirmation then you have a beef with feedme/eat-me/whatever they are called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Grow a pair and order again on justeat. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

The internet can cause many mistakes/errors.

They didn't receive your order. It happens.

Just order again; and quit complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

t. their are non so blind that those who cannot see.

What the hell does this line mean? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Find your way of typing incredibly hard to decipher, OP.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Did you get in touch with Just Eat after the takeaway said they didn't receive your order? They should be able to see from their systems whether or not it went through. Not suggesting the takeaway lied to you, but one time something similar happened to me and the takeaway said they hadn't received the order, so I rang JustEat who confirmed that the order had gone through. They got in touch with the takeaway and it turned out the takeaway had lost the order details and just decided to tell me they never got it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm taking it it was a card order? Has the money left your account?

Ring Just-Eat - they always send a confirmation email and if I don't get that within 10 minutes I ring Just-Eat to check if they received it.

Thanks to all the replies going to ring from now on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 jdawson

"beef"

"lids"

"attidude"

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Thanks to all the replies going to ring from now on.

Before you go, what the heck are lids?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I think lids means euros?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

why not just say euro's then?

Can I just assign any other word to replace euro's?

"Yeah, so I went into Tesco and bought something for 20 cows"....yeah, still doesn't work :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Ya can't ring now lad............... they'll spunk all over yer dinner after that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Cabaal wrote: »

"Yeah, so I went into Tesco and bought something for 20 cows"....yeah, still doesn't work :pac:

You fupped up-I got the same thing for 20 crows which as you know a crow is only 91% of a cow.
    Use crows as a currency in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

You fupped up-I got the same thing for 20 crows which as you know a crow is only 91% of a cow.
    Use crows as a currency in future.

I think you'll find that a cow is 75% of a crow in actual fact

Lids sounds like quids it a throwback to the 80's

• Advertisement

Lids sounds like quids it a throwback to the 80's

OK but it was XX quid not quids. So would it be lid? Bid, rid, sid, hid, mid, would all do as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

coylemj wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me see what value Just Eat adds to the process of ordering a take-out. All of my local take-outs shove their menus through my letterbox so why do I need Just Eat to process an order that I can phone in myself and be certain that it's been received?

Many of the take-aways don't accept plastic. Just-eat do accept plastic. I often don't carry cash, so ordering via just-eat is just easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Here was me thinking he was going to pay with motorbike helmets. :confused:

Glad that has been cleared up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

coylemj wrote: »
    All of my local take-outs shove their menus through my letterbox so why do I need Just Eat to process an order that I can phone in myself and be certain that it's been received?
    Lots of people have no junkmail signs up so might not get menus, even if they did want that particular junkmail.

Some people do not like talking on phones.
    Many call takers are foreign and can have misunderstandings.
    Some would think its more likely to be received properly online, as the presumably get a print out so less likely to have mixups.
    People might want traceability if claiming expenses, some probably have business account with just eat.
    People doing large orders with a group might want the price totally guaranteed beforehand, none of this nonsense with a driver arriving and chancing a higher price. Also automatically tots up the price for you.
    Some do it as a way to more easily not give a tip without any awkwardness, i.e. no change handed back, or dealing with a driver who claims to have no change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

rubadub wrote: »
    Lots of people have no junkmail signs up so might not get menus, even if they did want that particular junkmail.

Some people do not like talking on phones.
    Many call takers are foreign and can have misunderstandings.
    Some would think its more likely to be received properly online, as the presumably get a print out so less likely to have mixups.
    People might want traceability if claiming expenses, some probably have business account with just eat.
    People doing large orders with a group might want the price totally guaranteed beforehand, none of this nonsense with a driver arriving and chancing a higher price. Also automatically tots up the price for you.
    Some do it as a way to more easily not give a tip without any awkwardness, i.e. no change handed back, or dealing with a driver who claims to have no change.
    Hate, hate, hate talking on the phone. Avoid it whenever possible. :o Just eat et al are a god send for this small reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Cabaal wrote: »

Yep. Blips, bills, yoyos and beans being frequent alternatives.

OK but it was XX quid not quids. So would it be lid? Bid, rid, sid, hid, mid, would all do as well!

Dustbin lids hence Lids

Dustbin lids hence Lids

:confused:

It's just not worth it!

Advertisement