Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mercy Parking

Options
  • 17-03-2014 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

I am working in the Mercy for the next few weeks on placement. Parking is going to be an awful irritation as the Mercy don't provide parking for staff.

What is the best parking alternative? I'll be starting at 7:45 every morning for 12 hours a day.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I am working in the Mercy for the next few weeks on placement. Parking is going to be an awful irritation as the Mercy don't provide parking for staff.

What is the best parking alternative? I'll be starting at 7:45 every morning for 12 hours a day.

Thanks
    I work in the Mercy.
    If you park in St. Finbarr's QPark and ask the staff in the shop on the second floor to stamp your ticket the parking will cost €7 per day.
    There is a carpark alongside the births, deaths and marriages office that is manned by a man in the morning. You park and hand over keys and they jam them in. I don't know what the normal rate of parking is but he gives staff 5 days parking for €25 but it's first come first served, well used and well tbh you have to hand over your keys which some people don't like but these lads have been doing this for years without incident.
    You can try the roulette of waiting for parking outside when the shift changes at 8am or so but you'll be joining 20+ other staff looking for spaces. Plus you've the added heartache of watching for the warden.
    Best advice IMO is to ask HR about a discounted pass for the QPark. It works out at €30ish for the week. A few interns/nursing students/jobs bridge workers I've encountered in the last few months have had no trouble getting a pass from the QPark.
    Great place to work, rubbish place to park.

Advertisement