Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"What compensation can I get" threads???

Options
  • 17-03-2014 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or has there been a flurry of threads here lately where people post fairly low scale issues and seem to want to be told that they are owed compensation? Or even people who are blatantly wrong who want to be told they are right?

Consumer rights and fairness are one thing, but compensation hunting ultimately makes it harder for those in future who have strong complaints.

Mods..I checked the charter before posting this, hope it's ok.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I think the problem is that much of the advice is gung-ho, "go get them", demand this or that", type stuff rather than a reasonable response that often should just be advice to actually talk pleasantly to the business involved. Certainly some cases demand action and warrant it but you're right much of it is over the top.

Advertisement