Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benefits of interviewing an entrepreneur

Options
  • 18-03-2014 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

I had missed out on an lecture that was supposed to be given in a university due to First Aid.
    I have an assignment which I need to complete and in that I need to get the benefits for me if I interview an entrepreneur.
    I had researched it on Google but could come up with nothing
    Anyone could highlight some suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

In an interview with an entrepreneur you are likely to find you get very different answers to certain questions. Most people are risk averse which is obviously not the case with entrepreneurs who are taking calculated risks on a daily basis and often love taking on -EV risks just for the enjoyment of doing it. You are also dealing with people who are looking to lead the way and try and create something different which will also be reflected in their responses. Entrepreneurs look at situations that other people might consider as just a risk as an opportunity.

What are you looking to achieve from the interview? If you tell us that then you will probably get some better responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

jimmii wrote: »
    In an interview with an entrepreneur you are likely to find you get very different answers to certain questions. Most people are risk averse which is obviously not the case with entrepreneurs who are taking calculated risks on a daily basis and often love taking on -EV risks just for the enjoyment of doing it. You are also dealing with people who are looking to lead the way and try and create something different which will also be reflected in their responses. Entrepreneurs look at situations that other people might consider as just a risk as an opportunity.

What are you looking to achieve from the interview? If you tell us that then you will probably get some better responses.

You see me and some other people in our school are building a company so we were given the assignment to interview an entrepreneur.
    I want to know how will it benefit me in 4 or 5 points.
    Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

not too sure that anyone on here cares about your homework. if you have specific questions, post them and those that are interested will answer. I would not hold my breath, if I were you!

not too sure that anyone on here cares about your homework. if you have specific questions, post them and those that are interested will answer. I would not hold my breath, if I were you!

This is not homework. It's a project as part of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

I had missed out on an lecture that was supposed to be given in a university due to First Aid.
    I have an assignment which I need to complete and in that I need to get the benefits for me if I interview an entrepreneur.
    I had researched it on Google but could come up with nothing
    Anyone could highlight some suggestions ?

I'm not sure what exactly you're after but this is an interesting read: http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/31/are-you-a-pirate/

• Advertisement

All I am after is what are the benefits to me if I interview an entrepreneur....
    That is all I am looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

what is there in it for me to respond to your request?

All I am after is what are the benefits to me if I interview an entrepreneur....
    That is all I am looking for.
    It all depends on your interviewee. You will need to do your interview before you can make the 4 or 5 beneficial points. Nobody can say what the benefits will be because we don't know what questions you will ask or who you will ask.

Moomat wrote: »
    It all depends on your interviewee. You will need to do your interview before you can make the 4 or 5 beneficial points. Nobody can say what the benefits will be because we don't know what questions you will ask or who you will ask.

I just want any benefits I will attain from interviewing an entrepreneur.
    I am going to ask random questions about his business,hobbies, what persuaded him etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I am going to ask random questions about his business,hobbies, what persuaded him etc.

You need to think about what you're going ask and who the entrepreneur will be.

Random questions will get you nowhere.

Who do you plan to interview and why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Answers.

Well that sounds very similar to this so have a read of it and see how you benefit.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057170375

Moomat wrote: »
    Well that sounds very similar to this so have a read of it and see how you benefit.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057170375

Yes that is perfect, the person who posted the thread was called irishman1.
    So I want to find out what benefits did he get from interviewing an entrepreneur.

hardCopy wrote: »
    You need to think about what you're going ask and who the entrepreneur will be.

Random questions will get you nowhere.

Who do you plan to interview and why?

This is not about interviewing and questions. I don't think ye understand.
    This is about how the interview will benefit me as a beginning entrepreneur.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

This is not about interviewing and questions. I don't think ye understand.
    This is about how the interview will benefit me as a beginning entrepreneur.

Well it might improve your communication skills, so far, this thread gets a C-

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I dont think this is a question 1) you need to be posting here and 2) you will find an answer to on Google. Its a common sense type question and since its based on you, then only you can really know what you will gain from it.

Surely getting valuable answers in a 1 to 1 scenario with someone who has gone through the highs and lows of settings up a business.

Guidance on the steps to take at the early part of setting up a business.

A better understanding and appreciation of whats involved in starting a business.

Interview and communication skills.

I'm sure you can come up with others yourself.

Axwell wrote: »
    I dont think this is a question 1) you need to be posting here and 2) you will find an answer to on Google. Its a common sense type question and since its based on you, then only you can really know what you will gain from it.

Surely getting valuable answers in a 1 to 1 scenario with someone who has gone through the highs and lows of settings up a business.

Guidance on the steps to take at the early part of setting up a business.

A better understanding and appreciation of whats involved in starting a business.

Interview and communication skills.

I'm sure you can come up with others yourself.

This exactly what i was looking for.
    Thank you

Advertisement