Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A program to link two comps via wifi to share screens

Options
  • 18-03-2014 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

So I am unsure what this would be, my partner and I have our desks beside each other and I find myself trying to drag a window over to him. Then realising derp can't do that. Is there a way to share something to him easily? As in a file or my screen?
    I use teamviewer for my parents... elderly family members etc but that requires an up and down connection. With our net being so damn slow it would take too much time.

Any ideas people? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Presuming you're using windows why not look into setting up a networked folder you can both access and use windows Remote Desktop Connection.

I have no idea how to describe setting up either but I can take control of another machine in work using Remote Desktop Connection and grab files from the network folders we have set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Microsoft Garage Mouse without Boarders is what you require.

It won't drag folders from one screen to another but it will allow you to copy and paste from one computer to another. It allows you to use keyboard and mouse from one machine, to control the other machine over the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Team Viewer might be what you need

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

I just tested it out there now. I can copy a file that resides on a Remote Desktop Connection, return to my desktop and paste it fine. Don't know if I can work on both at once however.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭rey8px2m7altcs

RangeR wrote: »
    Microsoft Garage Mouse without Boarders is what you require.

It won't drag folders from one screen to another but it will allow you to copy and paste from one computer to another. It allows you to use keyboard and mouse from one machine, to control the other machine over the network.

I think... I think I may have kinda giggled a lil insanely there. This is AWESOME! It is PERFECT!!!! Thank you so much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I think... I think I may have kinda giggled a lil insanely there. This is AWESOME! It is PERFECT!!!! Thank you so much!!!

Of course it is. I suggested it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭rey8px2m7altcs

RangeR wrote: »
    Of course it is. I suggested it :-)

This is me rolling my eyes lol

Advertisement