Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinchilla problem

• 18-03-2014 2:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

For the last 2/3 days I noticed Gonzo my chinchilla hasn't been eating his food. He's been drinking his water though, he doesn't seem to be as active either. He doesn't like being picked up but likes being stroked so I felt him and he doesn't seem to have lost any weight.

Just now I heard him grumbling in his his cage so I went to check on him, he normally sleeps in his igloo hut but he was sitting out on the cage shelf. He puffed himself up then let out a little sigh twice. I've left him in some fresh Timothy hay to make a nest and see if he'll eat that.

Should I be worried? I'm prepared to take him to a vet tomorrow but will vets do much for him because he's an exotic?

Advertisement