Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I a newbie, moving to Ireland from USA

Options
  • 18-03-2014 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello to all, I'm a newbie here.
    A little background. I'm waiting for my dual citizenship, and will be moving to Ireland from Philadelphia, PA USA. In the meantime I want to make some Irish friends. I have so much to ask. I have been to Ireland in the past, and it is calling me. I'm an artist & used to be a Graphic Designer (well, still am). I worked as a designer/art director for 40 years & now have my own business. I'm getting ready to retire. So, I want to go to Ireland and paint out my days.
    Thanks for accepting me to this site.
    JScobell

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Where in Ireland were you planning to reside? Ireland is very diverse historically and culturally in terms of where you may decide to live; e.g., Dublin is very different from Galway or Cork; urban Ireland is different from rural Ireland, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JScobell

I have been both to Cork, Galway & Dublin. I first was going to move to Clifden, Co. Galway. I still might or I'm moving to Donegal City. It's according to the availabilty of rental properties when I go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

JScobell wrote: »
    I'm moving to Donegal City
    Welcome and good luck to you in your planned move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I have been to Ireland in the past, and it is calling me.
    Maybe you left something behind the last time and you might have misunderstood the the accent on the phone call. Any chance you left a jumper/sweater behind you in a B&B?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

I have been both to Cork, Galway & Dublin. I first was going to move to Clifden, Co. Galway. I still might or I'm moving to Donegal City. It's according to the availabilty of rental properties when I go.

Well Clifden is one of the most beautiful places in the world, and I've seen quite a few, so I'd move there in a moment with the chance...

Check out Westport too. Some ridiculously good value on homes there at the moment...

Enjoy

Just saw "rental" in your post. Google Westport rentals because as an artist you'll never need to look for inspiration again...

Seascapes and landscapes for a steal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 JScobell

Thanks so much for the info. I think Northwest Ireland especially the coast is just breathtaking!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If you're looking for info or help on specific areas, the regional forums will cover it:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Advertisement