Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel problems in <SNIP> Maynooth

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ails76 wrote: »
    The level is a digital readout which is vague to say the least. I go by the range which gives me better insight into my fuel and a pity I didn't notice the range before leaving the station. Only noticed down the road as I turned onto the motorway......a few hundred metres from the petrol station, it was too late to turn around.

A range estimate is even vaguer - its absolutely nothing but a software guess.

No matter how soon you'd raised the issue with the station they were going to ask had you looked at the actual fuel gauge. Its pretty clear you didn't; and you're relying on figures you've convinced yourself over that simply don't add up.

A range estimate not moving does not mean you haven't put fuel in, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Ails76 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with fuel from the <SNIP> in Maynooth.

So has anyone else experienced this? I don't think I'll be using that garage again!
    From the responses so far, it doesn't look like anyone else has experienced this. A garage dispensing fresh air at the fuel pumps would be shut in the blink of an eye. How do you think such a scam would work? Are they selecting a certain number of cars to give nothing to? How would they switch the pump from dispensing air to fuel for different customers? If you think about it, the most likely explanation was an anomaly with your cars fuel system. But if you are fully convinced, you could make a complaint to the appropriate authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Is it possible that your tank was so empty when you filled up, that the €10 still left it in the yellow range?

€10 is approx 7litres of diesel (if I'm remembering pump prices correctly). I have a 60 litre tank which means that it would be about 12% of my tank or about 1/8th. That could still potentially leave me in the yellow if I was running on fumes when entering.

TBH, your system of using distance remaining seems very odd to me, but maybe it's standard in some cars?

What size is the tank in your car?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭cml387

I believe a diesel Fluence tank is 60 litres.

There is no mystery at all. There was so little fuel (as the OP says) that the10 euro did not register on the fuel gauge.
    The range indication from the computer is using information from the fuel gauge, so naturally that didn't change after adding the fuel.

Advertisement