Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2015

Options
  • 18-03-2014 5:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

When will they open up entry for this? and when will the date be announced? I have a GFA time so do they fill up quickly or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

rom wrote: »
    When will they open up entry for this? and when will the date be announced? I have a GFA time so do they fill up quickly or what?
    As you likely already know, you need to be a UK resident. Entry won't open for a number of months after this marathon has been run, and you will have until approximately the 9th of July to apply. I don't believe there is a limit to the number of GFA entries, so as long as you meet the criteria of being a UK resident and the GFA time requirements and apply in time, you should be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

As you likely already know, you need to be a UK resident. Entry won't open for a number of months after this marathon has been run, and you will have until approximately the 9th of July to apply. I don't believe there is a limit to the number of GFA entries, so as long as you meet the criteria of being a UK resident and the GFA time requirements and apply in time, you should be good to go.

Forgot about that.
    Simply a UK postal address so is needed ?
    Just found below. So I have to get a UK driving license ?
    http://www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/marathon-centre/enter-virgin-london-marathon/good-for-age-entries/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Forgot about that.
    http://www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/marathon-centre/enter-virgin-london-marathon/good-for-age-entries/

Proof of time, official headed paper stating your UK address (bill, bank acc, etc) and photo ID that you plan on bring to registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Forgot about that.

I just used the address of a friend of mine living in Scotland and it worked flawlessly. She paid the entry fee by cheque or me to keep things simple and posted over the form for the expo when it arrived.

Just realised I picked up a GFA myself at the weekend :cool: Hmmm decisions decisions....

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Proof of time, official headed paper stating your UK address (bill, bank acc, etc) and photo ID that you plan on bring to registration.
    So the bill does not need to be in your name I presume ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

So the bill does not need to be in your name I presume ?

It does, you have to scan a proof of address in your name and attatch it when applying for GFA. The name would have to match the person with the qualifying time...
    But as you can see from all us brits doing the Marathon this year it's not that hard ;).

Stressed out about this. How long do you have to send the form back for when it arrives ?

Stressed out about this. How long do you have to send the form back for when it arrives ?

There was no form to send back last year. The entry and payment was done online. The only form was the reg form which you had to bring to the expo to collect your number. It arrived out about 3 weeks before the race.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

menoscemo wrote: »
    It does, you have to scan a proof of address in your name and attatch it when applying for GFA. The name would have to match the person with the qualifying time...
    But as you can see from all us brits doing the Marathon this year it's not that hard ;).

I forgot about that bit, they changed that part way through the GFA registration process last year as I didn't need to give them anything other than proof of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Do you also need a proof of UK address to enter the UK lottery? Is there any way around that?

• Advertisement

ncmc wrote: »
    Do you also need a proof of UK address to enter the UK lottery? Is there any way around that?

Lottery is now closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Ah crap :( should have consulted the website sooner. I thought I applied for a lottery place after failing to get a gfa time in Cork this time last year, but now that I think of it, it was before and I was using the lottery as a safety net.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Anyone who deferred in 2014, have you received email with link for re-applying for your place in 2015? I haven't received anything, heard they were sending out emails yeaterday. Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

RubyK wrote: »
    Anyone who deferred in 2014, have you received email with link for re-applying for your place in 2015? I haven't received anything, heard they were sending out emails yeaterday. Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting?

There were emails sent out yesterday with a link that you then needed to use your race number from this year to log into.

robinph wrote: »
    There were emails sent out yesterday with a link that you then needed to use your race number from this year to log into.

Thanks robin, looks like I'm going to have to make another phone call so :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

RubyK wrote: »

I got mine on Monday and signed up yesterday. Here we go again :)

pistol_75 wrote: »
    I got mine on Monday and signed up yesterday. Here we go again :)
    Good stuff!

I ended up ringing them, they confirmed the email address the link was sent to (I forgot I set up a new email account for London :o). All sorted now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Totally out of the loop right now.

When do the gfa entries open for 2015 does anyone know? Zero chance of me running it but wanna keep the entry alive for another year at least.

When do the gfa entries open for 2015 does anyone know? Zero chance of me running it but wanna keep the entry alive for another year at least.

Should be any time soon. We will then have about a month. Deadline is normally early July.
    I'm glad to see my 2013 run is still good for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

menoscemo wrote: »
    Should be any time soon. We will then have about a month. Deadline is normally early July.
    I'm glad to see my 2013 run is still good for you ;)

Good man. Plan would be to defer unless i get an offer from a sub 2'50 runner :D

Gas that a time i ran in Sept 2011 might get me into a marathon in 2016

• Advertisement

Next week according to their latest bookface post.

robinph wrote: »
    Next week according to their latest bookface post.

End of next week

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

GFA opens on 13th June according to the website GFA page.

Saves me checking back everyday now :) The only problem I have now is my better half is due a baby tomorrow so I'll surely forget to check back later in the week!

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    GFA opens on 13th June according to the website GFA page.

Saves me checking back everyday now :) The only problem I have now is my better half is due a baby tomorrow so I'll surely forget to check back later in the week!

Friday 13th !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

Dont See anything up as of yet

Need to get this entry done before I break myself in the Man v Horse marathon tomorrow and go off the idea of doing these crazy things. :mad:

Hurry up VMLMMVLMLVMLMVLM and get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

Done.

I used my quicker time from 2013 rather than the painfully just outside 3hrs time from this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Were they very particular about sending in documentation?

• Advertisement

You need:
    a document to prove age.
    link to your results or upload the certificate proving your time.
    document to prove UK residency.

Advertisement