Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Done.

It says that you have to write 'Copy' across your documents. What's that all about?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

menoscemo wrote: »
    Done.

It says that you have to write 'Copy' across your documents. What's that all about?

It's a bit weird that they say that for the address document, but not for the one that you upload for proving your date of birth. I was able to make use of a full version of Acrobat and added a watermark across the top of the image, don't want to miss out due to some strange lack of writing "copy" on a scan of a document.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I've entered. Meno, I used the same address as last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

robinph wrote: »
    It's a bit weird that they say that for the address document, but not for the one that you upload for proving your date of birth. I was able to make use of a full version of Acrobat and added a watermark across the top of the image, don't want to miss out due to some strange lack of writing "copy" on a scan of a document.

I'd say a few people may be using acrobat applications for that and other purposes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Just to clarify (so I don't have to read the instructions) all that one simply has to do is scribble "copy" across ones proof of uk residence, submit this along with copy of passport and q time?

• Advertisement

Gavlor wrote: »
    Just to clarify (so I don't have to read the instructions) all that one simply has to do is scribble "copy" across ones proof of uk residence, submit this along with copy of passport and q time?

You're as lazy at reading instructions as you are at training.
    Read the bloody instructions yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

You're as lazy at reading instructions in forms as you are training.
    Read the bloody instructions yourself.

At least I know that if I start reading ill definitely finish it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Gavlor wrote: »
    At least I know that if I start reading ill definitely finish it ;)

All the info you need is in the first half ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

TRR wrote: »
    I'd say a few people may be using acrobat applications for that and other purposes ;)

Anyone fancy a wee nixer :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

GFA entry now paid for.

Keep an eye on your inboxes folks, the confirmation emails are being sent out now. Also not that when entering your date of birth the month and day are the wrong way round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭wideball

How do you prove UK residence? I'm sure their are folks in the UK that don't have utility bills in their name... Are there other means than a utility bill?

wideball wrote: »
    How do you prove UK residence? I'm sure their are folks in the UK that don't have utility bills in their name... Are there other means than a utility bill?

Driving license, bank account etc. Any 'offical letter' is fine (I used my car insurance renewal letter last year).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

GFA entry now paid for.

Keep an eye on your inboxes folks, the confirmation emails are being sent out now. Also not that when entering your date of birth the month and day are the wrong way round.

No sign yet. I can't remember which way i put the dob but its clear as my day is over 12th day of the month. Pure stressed.

GFA entry now paid for.

I only entered Tuesday so it'll probably be a while yet. Took me a bit of time to get my 'utility bill' scanned properly :)

GFA entry now paid for.

Hotel recommendations? :cool:

rom wrote: »
    Hotel recommendations? :cool:

I'll give you one guess.

I'll give you one guess.

The Tower Hotel?
    The Strand Palace?

Got my email today. All done and paid for :D
    £35, not bad for a major marathon.

Not heard back from them yet, but I only applied on the 13th.

Woohoo! Just got my ACCEPTED email. Back of the net!

• Advertisement

Starting to get nervous, anyone here who applied on the 17th or later get notified yet?

In and paid for :)
    Wanted it sorted this week as I won't be online much over the next two weeks, rang them up today and they processed it there and then on the phone. Very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭wobblemouth

My GFA entry went in this week.

I've wanted to do this for years. Missed out with my 3.09 last year when they lowered the cut-off for my age category to 3.05.

Have the qualification time now, now waiting for that confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

My GFA entry went in this week.

I've wanted to do this for years. Missed out with my 3.09 last year when they lowered the cut-off for my age category to 3.05.

Have the qualification time now, now waiting for that confirmation email.

Mine went in last week, still no word :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,626 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Whoops, thought I had longer to get my entry in for this. For proof of UK residency, will anything be posted to that address? Don't know if I'll 'still' have access to it

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    Whoops, thought I had longer to get my entry in for this. For proof of UK residency, will anything be posted to that address? Don't know if I'll 'still' have access to it

Yes your final registration form (that you have to take to the expo to get your number) will be posted there.
    You will also get posted your acceptance Magazine in October, but that is not important.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,626 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Yes your final registration form (that you have to take to the expo to get your number) will be posted there.
    You will also get posted your acceptance Magazine in October, but that is not important.
    Damn, thought it would be emailed out. Time to get the contacts book out. Should have been on this earlier :o

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Jmcmen wrote: »
    Mine went in last week, still no word :cool:

I applied on the 18th. Only received acceptance email this afternoon

London Part IV:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I was going to enter and defer till 2016 but not sure I can be assed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Nothing like leaving it to the wire. Only sending off my stuff tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

I was going to enter and defer till 2016 but not sure I can be assed...

Not gonna bother myself either. I know i'm not gonna be ready even for 2016, why waste 35 quid on it? Time to put the dog to sleep :D

Advertisement