Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victoria - Traffic Infringement

Options
  • 18-03-2014 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

I just got the following fine for infringement offence in the door for $167.

"Drive Vehicle in a toll zone when that vehicle is not registered in respect of that toll zone, with the relevant corporation"

I got this infringement in Melbourne. I drove from Sydney in a NSW registered vehicle. Why would I be registering my vehicle with any corporations in Victoria if I live in NSW?.

Does this make sense to anyone?. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

So you were in Melbourne in a NSW registered car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

s.c wrote: »
    So you were in Melbourne in a NSW registered car?

Yeah car is on NSW plates, registered to an address in Sydney.

Feelgood wrote: »
    Yeah car is on NSW plates, registered to an address in Sydney.

You probably went through one of the tolls and didn't pay it so. There aren't any pay booths. You either register for an account or pay on a daily basis online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Bit steep for an out of state car going through a toll and not paying on time..

I didn't realize I went through a toll in Brisbane when I first got my car and got a $6 fine ($4 toll and then $6 fine on top).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

irishmover wrote: »
    Bit steep for an out of state car going through a toll and not paying on time..

I didn't realize I went through a toll in Brisbane when I first got my car and got a $6 fine ($4 toll and then $6 fine on top).

Same price for any car from any Aust. state.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

As already stated you drove on either the Tullamarine Freeway or Eastlink.

As the toll/tolls were not paid they incur further charges.

It sucks but you dont have to use those roads to get around. It just takes a lot longer.

If you don't pay the fine it just gets bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Zambia wrote: »
    As already stated you drove on either the Tullamarine Freeway or Eastlink.

Yeah it was the Tullamarine Freeway, though I don't remember driving through any tolls dammit. It was dark. :mad:

To top it all off, they are saying this is the final notice though this is the first notification I have received in total. The offence was 17th Oct 2013, 6 months ago!.

Yeah it was the Tullamarine Freeway, though I don't remember driving through any tolls dammit. It was dark. :mad:

To top it all off, they are saying this is the final notice though this is the first notification I have received in total. The offence was 17th Oct 2013, 6 months ago!.

They're just camera like these. Not easy to spot to be fair.

632915-traffic-congestion.jpg

Normally that happens when you fail to keep your licence address up to date.

Also an offence in Victoria btw with a similar fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I didn't realize it was unpaid for 6 months. Makes sense now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

When I left Sydney in our campervan I thought I drove through one toll, that night I put my reg into the toll site and it said 1 outstanding toll so I paid it which mysteriously cost $25!! Then a few weeks later I got an E-mail about another toll I didn't pay in Sydney +$75 admin fee so 2 tolls cost us over $100:(
    I like the way you can type your reg in but it left out a toll on Eastern distributor for some reason then Apollo were only to happy to take a $75 fee on top of it,

• Registered Users Posts: 27 allic

do you have to change your irish license to an ozzie one if you are living here? also do you have to hand in your irish one to get an ozzie one? also do you have to change plates if you move states?!!

allic wrote: »
    do you have to change your irish license to an ozzie one if you are living here? also do you have to hand in your irish one to get an ozzie one? also do you have to change plates if you move states?!!

In Victoria
    You need a vic licence if you are a permanent resident
    Depends on the vic roads office if they want it.
    Depends how long long you remain in state.

Advertisement