Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddle Fitter

Options
  • 18-03-2014 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

I currently have a Wintec AP for my horse but want to change to a second hand leather saddle. I'm liking the Albions and Ideals at the moment.

I want to make sure it fits my boy and to try some options out so wondered if you can recommend a saddle fitter that will come to Navan?

Thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

http://www.goodwinsaddlers.com/

Had the guy from here come out to a saddle fit checking group session at a clinic I was at, they brought lots of saddles, trees, and had knowledge of both traditional and synthetic. Really nice people.

They will charge for travel costs, but I remember it being quite reasonable, maybe you could share the costs with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Miller1979

Hi Rips,

Thanks a mill. I actually went ahead and booked a fitting with them for next Tuesday. They sounded very knowledgeable so looking forward to seeing what they have.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shutterclick

How did you get on with goodwins? What were their prices like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Miller1979

We got on very well! They arrived with a jeep full of saddles. I had been riding in the yard owners Albion so although above my budget I'd have gone for one as it was so comfy for me and Miller.

We started with an albion gp that he brought and although it fit Miller very well and had a comfy seat I felt unbalanced in canter and realised the flaps were very long so I couldn't get my leg on properly and I'm quite tall! It was well priced though as it was in perfect condition and cost 800e.

So he brought out a goodwins saddle based on the albion design. It was more a jumping saddle but felt great for my flat work and extremely comfy. Miller was moving much better too. So I admit to going with that one! They brought it away to adjust slightly and had it back with me the next day.

I'd highly recommend them.

Advertisement