Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Olympiakos Match Thread 19/3/2014 k/o 19.45.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Thats just sad. It's like LFC fans 5 times. 5 times.

20 TIMES 20 TIMES I SAY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

How many players have made it into the city team from said academy?

How many players made it to the the united team that are actuAlly GOOD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,647 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

How many players made it to the the united team that are actuAlly GOOD.

The fact is united players graduate from the academy into the first team, whereas the last player to graduate from the city academy was who??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

I wish both my eyes were swelled up like Valencias so I wasn't fit to read the amount of sh1te I just did in this thread.

I'm not gonna say any names, but there's certain posters from both Liverpool and Utd. that need to grow up ffs. It's just childish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Can everyone do the decent thing and just put him on ignore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Chelsea is probably the only team that could beat one of the big 3. R.Madrid, Barca and Bayern.
    Athletico will fancy there chances against any side and be justified in doing so. Chelsea look strong under Mourinho.
    rob316 wrote: »
    There is just too much quality back to front in the other teams. Dortmund would be the best team to draw but even then I wouldn't bet against them.
    I'd take PSG also and Chelsea.

Utd will certainly need a proper gameplan should they meet any of the big 3 to have any chance I agree. Midfield issues will have to be dealt with. But let's not forget this same team were very unlucky to go out to Real last year at the same stage. Cup football lads, big stage, players rise to occasions and anything can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Well Done Man Utd.

Ryan Giggs is a waste of space he should have retired last Summer.

Dunphy is more or less spot on with the team theres a lot of mediocre players there like Johnny Evans, Cleverly and Ferdinand.

Its going to be hard for Moyes to bring in quality players for next season.

The fact is united players graduate from the academy into the first team, whereas the last player to graduate from the city academy was who??

You never answered my question ... name a player that is good and went onto uniteds first team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

K4t wrote: »
    Athletico will fancy there chances against any side and be justified in doing so. Chelsea look strong under Mourinho.

I'd take PSG also and Chelsea.

Utd will certainly need a proper gameplan should they meet any of the big 3 to have any chance I agree. Midfield issues will have to be dealt with. But let's not forget this same team were very unlucky to go out to Real last year at the same stage. Cup football lads, big stage, players rise to occasions and anything can happen.

It isn't the same team at all though. The players might be more or less the same but it's a completely different team. Madrid knocked out United last year and they've improved whereas United have become much worse.

sh__93 wrote: »
    I wish both my eyes were swelled up like Valencias so I wasn't fit to read the amount of sh1te I just did in this thread.

I'm not gonna say any names, but there's certain posters from both Liverpool and Utd. that need to grow up ffs. It's just childish.

He is right so I will end this debate and speak to ye in next tuesdays thread.
    Enjoy your win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We were haunted.

Better side would have scored.

Not complaining, but we still need to improve drastically.

Happy for now but a humiliation in QF awaits if we get a top side.

Chelsea might be our best bet and even then.......

You never answered my question ... name a player that is good and went onto uniteds first team.

Adnan januzaj to start with, Danny welbeck, tom cleverly both regular England internationals or does that not count?

And seeing as you couldn't answer my original question I thought I'd Just let you know the last city academy player to graduate to a league game for City was karim rekik, a stalwart of the premiership

• mikeym wrote: »
    Well Done Man Utd.

Ryan Giggs is a waste of space he should have retired last Summer.

Dunphy is more or less spot on with the team theres a lot of mediocre players there like Johnny Evans, Cleverly and Ferdinand.

Its going to be hard for Moyes to bring in quality players for next season.
    Ryan Giggs had a great game, were you even watching the match? He brought van persie and Rooney into the game which has hardly been done this season. He played some wonderful through balls. And as for dunphy...ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think if United end up getting Chelsea it will be a Godsend for the Blues.
    I'd love it personally!
    Jose up to Manchester, get an away goal. Home to London, beat United at a canter.
    Boom!:D

• Advertisement

Adnan januzaj to start with, Danny welbeck, tom cleverly both regular England internationals or does that not count?

And seeing as you couldn't answer my original question I thought I'd Just let you know the last city academy player to get a league game for City was karim rekik, a stalwart of the premiership

Janujaz is crap.
    He honestly is crap.
    Wellback is the only considerable player.
    Shaun wright philips, joey barton, stephen ireland, richards,boyota, Johnson and 2 more have all graduated from city academy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Janujaz is crap.
    He honestly is crap.

Stopped reading after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Janujaz is crap.
    He honestly is crap.
    Shaun wright philips, joey barton, stephen ireland, richards,boyota, Johnson and 2 more have all graduated from city academy

I'm not even a United fan but seriously :pac:

Janujaz is crap.
    He honestly is crap.

Crap? And you proceed to name, hang on now to I just make sure, Joey Barton' dedrick boyota and Shaun wright Phillips??

Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭bassy

mourhino will be delighted if he gets united in the draw on Friday.
    Liverpool were not fancied when the won it and the had a similar league record to ours now.

but we would have to be blessed with luck to go any where near winning it.

• Advertisement

Crap? And you proceed to name, hang on now to I just make sure, Joey Barton' dedrick boyota and Shaun wright Phillips??

Haha

They are all better then that baby anyways.
    So overrated.

I am ending this conversation anyway, I have a lot of homework to do.
    I will talk on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I am ending this conversation anyway, I have a lot of homework to do.
    I will talk on Tuesday.

Put away the homework, you need to learn more about football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Janujaz is crap.
    He honestly is crap.

One of the most ridiculous comments I've seen in a long while. Every part of it is wrong.

Take your pants off don't forget sturridge, and I see you mention Johnson there, would that be the world famous Michael Johnson? Grand total of 44 league starts between city and Leicester in a career spanning 6 seasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Sturridge came from City's academy.

764dak wrote: »
    Sturridge came from City's academy.

I know that as im sure most do, was just reminding your man there who named joey barton and the likes and never mentioned arguably the best product of the city academy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Moyes just bought himself another year, nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

And seeing as you couldn't answer my original question I thought I'd Just let you know the last city academy player to graduate to a league game for City was karim rekik, a stalwart of the premiership

Januzaj was bought off Anderlecht at 16.

xabi wrote: »
    Moyes just bought himself another year, nice one.

dont be so sure. hammering in QF and then............

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    Januzaj was bought off Anderlecht at 16.

Yep less than two years in utds academy and he makes premiership debut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Take your pants off don't forget sturridge, and I see you mention Johnson there, would that be the world famous Michael Johnson? Grand total of 44 league starts between city and Leicester in a career spanning 6 seasons?

Look we both know that he meant Adam Johnson, but after you said Michael Johnson he went away and checked Wikipedia and saw he was wrong, and now won't be back til whenever.

As Liverpool and Chelsea proved in the past, United can win the CL even when league form is pretty dire.

I hope they get knocked out in the next round because i just have this bad fucking feeling about all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Delighted with that performance

Rvp
    Rooney
    Ddg
    Giggs .

Still not a fan of moyes but that one game was a real man utd performance and a rarity.

Smell of fear off the scousers! Love it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

kona wrote: »
    Delighted with that performance

Rvp
    Rooney
    Ddg
    Giggs .

Still not a fan of moyes but that one game was a real man utd performance and a rarity.
    Smell of fear off the scousers! Love it!!
    :confused:
    lol we beat Man U 3-0 & are 14 points clear of them
    any football fan knows Man Utd have no chance of winning the competetion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Super-Rush wrote: »

I hope they get knocked out in the next round because i just have this bad fucking feeling about all this.

Made me chuckle :pac:

The amount of luck required not only to get by the next two games with the remaining opposition, but to do two more after than and then beat whoever makes it to the final, we're better off investing in a time machine to bring St Patrick and his band of leprechauns to give us a hand and maybe play CM and LB if they're up for it.

We've been woeful this season and would have gone out tonight against a better team, no corners have been turned other than maybe a slight moral boost but we've still got Moyes' tactics and players, most of whom are leaving in the summer and will be replaced to be fair, playing badly to deal with.

If I wasn't a United fan I'd be hoping they draw Bayern for the sheer comedy of it all, Pep against Moyes, Bastian and Lahm against Carrick and Giggs/Clevs/Fellaini.

The amount of luck required not only to get by the next two games with the remaining opposition, but to do two more after than and then beat whoever makes it to the final, we're better off investing in a time machine to bring St Patrick and his band of leprechauns to give us a hand and maybe play CM and LB if they're up for it.

We've been woeful this season and would have gone out tonight against a better team, no corners have been turned other than maybe a slight moral boost but we've still got Moyes' tactics and players, most of whom are leaving in the summer and will be replaced to be fair, playing badly to deal with.

If I wasn't a United fan I'd be hoping they draw Bayern for the sheer comedy of it all, Pep against Moyes, Bastian and Lahm against Carrick and Giggs/Clevs/Fellaini.

I have to agree.

How any fan from rivial club can be worried is beyond me. At least wait till semi if we are even that lucky.

We will get battered in QF if we get one of the Big 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I have to agree.

How any fan from rivial club can be worried is beyond me. At least wait till semi if we are even that lucky.

No offence but you're default setting is negativity. You said Utd would get beaten tonight and joked about Comedy Channels etc when you seen teh Utd line up. It's almost as if you want them to fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I have to agree.

I assume both of you were born long before 2005 and saw what happened then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Wtf sort of match thread did I just read? Surprised it kept up for the whole thread or after we were winning.

Funnily it would have being the same ****e if we were losing.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    No offence but you're default setting is negativity. You said Utd would get beaten tonight and joked about Comedy Channels etc when you seen teh Utd line up. It's almost as if you want them to fail.

Well you should have seen me in pub been nervous wreck the last 10 minutes then.

Im not one of those supporters who was happy to see us lose so we could dig the knife in further to Moyes.

But lets call a spade a spade. Was that last 30 minutes acceptable? We were shocking.

Hoof ball after Hoof ball. Would have made Trap proud.

Im delighted we won. I dont know how many times I have to explain this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

niallo27 wrote: »
    We missed you on Sunday. Where were you.

I'd like to apologize to BNMC for this post. I got a yellow card for it. I was totally out of line..

I assume both of you were born long before 2005 and saw what happened then.

That Liverpool team had a Top manager and 3-4 very very good players and players like Finnan who were seriously underrated.

Take away 2 awful players and that Liverpool side was not too shabby.

I think the quality is also stronger now imo. Before it was 2-3 real quality sides. Now we are left with 7 and United.

Stranger things have happened I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That Liverpool team had a Top manager and 3-4 very very good players and players like Finnan who were seriously underrated.

Take away 2 awful players and that Liverpool side was not too shabby.

I think the quality is also stronger now imo. Before it was 2-3 real quality sides. Now we are left with 7 and United.

Stranger things have happened I guess.

You don't have to beat the 7 though. You could beat a Chelsea or a Dortmund and then a semi-final who knows. It's nightmare stuff but who knows. I have a Tenner at 50/1 on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Well you should have seen me in pub been nervous wreck the last 10 minutes then.

Im not one of those supporters who was happy to see us lose so we could dig the knife in further to Moyes.

But lets call a spade a spade. Was that last 30 minutes acceptable? We were shocking.

Hoof ball after Hoof ball. Would have made Trap proud.

Im delighted we won. I dont know how many times I have to explain this.
    Read your quotes before the match. They were ridiculous. The team Moyes put out was good enough to do the job yet you went into some some hysterical laughing fit declaring it was nigh on impossible for Utd to win.

niallo27 wrote: »
    You don't have to beat the 7 though. You could beat a Chelsea or a Dortmund and then a semi-final who knows. It's nightmare stuff but who knows. I have a Tenner at 50/1 on it.

I suppose looking at it now I can see where you and Super Rush are coming from. I would wait till semi first though if make it.

Draw will tell us a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

MD1990 wrote: »
    :confused:
    lol we beat Man U 3-0 & are 14 points clear of them
    any football fan knows Man Utd have no chance of winning the competetion
    Yeah but its still possible that United win the ECL and Liverpool finish fourth and get no ECL football next year. Its unlikely for sure but its a possibility.

Pighead wrote: »
    Read your quotes before the match. They were ridiculous. The team Moyes put out was good enough to do the job yet you went into some some hysterical laughing fit declaring it was nigh on impossible for Utd to win.

Yes I was laughing. Yes I thought the team was a joke.

Can you seriously tell me that if you were Bayern, Madrid fan and saw that lineup 45 minutes before the game that you would not be confident? 40 yo man in the middle granted he had fine game

The Greeks had chances. They could have scored 3.

3-0 scoreline flattered us and im worried some United fans dont see this at all.

Look we both know that he meant Adam Johnson, but after you said Michael Johnson he went away and checked Wikipedia and saw he was wrong, and now won't be back til whenever.

As Liverpool and Chelsea proved in the past, United can win the CL even when league form is pretty dire.

No I meant Michael Johnson.

I would like to apologise to the united fans for calling Janujaz baby face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah but its still possible that United win the ECL and Liverpool finish fourth and get no ECL football next year. Its unlikely for sure but its a possibility.
    its not a realistic possibility

• Advertisement
Advertisement