Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Olympiakos Match Thread 19/3/2014 k/o 19.45.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

mike65 wrote: »
    Worth pointing out they won the league at the weekend, they were coasting to victory (the losses were against POAK and Panathinaikos who are 3rd/4th in league) and can now throw everything at the Utd game.

No no, please disregard the fact that they are on a high after coasting to the league, and have already beaten Benfica & Man United this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Similarly it's not so simple as saying they're a Greek team, so surely United will beat them easily. Not football works.

I was just wondering why people were posting about them as though being able to beat Crystal Palace is somehow relevant,
    Whereas bad defeats to Olympiakos or Liverpool were forgotten.
    Who said Utd would beat them easy? I said Utd are favourites to beat them which they are. The relevance of bringing up the Palace results etc were people saying Utd have no chance of winning by two clear goals because they are playing badly. I pointed out that they have won by two goals fourteen times this season despite playing poorly in the majority of them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

First goal will be very important as United look to be very mentally fragile. If Olympiakos get it, I can't see them throwing it away even with their woeful and hopeless away record.

If United get it, I think Olympiakos will be rolled over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

2-0 is the hardest deficit to overturn as if the opposition scores 1 you have to score 4. At least if its 3-1,4-2 etc you still have a bit of a safety net if you concede. Am I right in saying Barca last season were the first team to do it in CL knockout stages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Pighead wrote: »
    Who said Utd would beat them easy? I said Utd are favourites to beat them which they are. The relevance of bringing up the Palace results etc were people saying Utd have no chance of winning by two clear goals because they are playing badly. I pointed out that they have won by two goals fourteen times this season despite playing poorly in the majority of them.
    Soups123 wrote: »
    My money is definatley on United to qualify, as **** as 2 nil was United well have the beaten of these guys and at home, I'd take united -2.

I also think there will be a reaction from the United players to the Liverpool defeat which for them regardless of Moyes was embaressing

Ehhh, i think he may have.:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

dfx- wrote: »
    First goal will be very important as United look to be very mentally fragile. If Olympiakos get it, I can't see them throwing it away even with their woeful and hopeless away record.

If United get it, I think Olympiakos will be rolled over.

If we go 2-0 down, we can bring on Tom Cleverly.

Don't sweat it maaaaaaannnnnn!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If Utd go 0-1 down, I can only see them getting two or three back. If they go 0-2 down, they might only get two back, even with Cleverley being brought on to change things.:P

Seriously, Olympiakos are shocking away from home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

thelad95 wrote: »
    2-0 is the hardest deficit to overturn as if the opposition scores 1 you have to score 4. At least if its 3-1,4-2 etc you still have a bit of a safety net if you concede. Am I right in saying Barca last season were the first team to do it in CL knockout stages?

I think 5-0 is a much harder score to turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

v3ttel wrote: »
    Yes, that's exactly how football works.

Its a faultless system.

1978634_431644020314469_1924471612_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I think 5-0 is a much harder score to turn around.

Of 2 goal deficits its the hardest. :rolleyes:

I hope Utd make a spirited effort here. A bad defeat could cause Moyes to be sacked.

Can see Utd scoring 2 but maybe conceding one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Do united really want to qualify, what awaits them in the quarters could be an absolute demolishing at the hands of Barca, Bayern, Real or PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

What we'll be hoping for is moment(s) of brilliance from players because not a chance will the tactics we've used all season suddenly start to work.

If I was Moyes I'd be dropping Van Persie, playing Rooney up top with Kagawa behind and Januzaj and Young either side. Telling the lads to pass the ball, crossing tactic hasn't worked all season and it won't start tomorrow. If he did that it would show signs of him not being as clueless as he has looked this season.

What I'm expecting is RVP up top with Rooney behind him, Valencia and Januzaj on the wings. We'll continue to give the ball out wide, slowly building up letting the Greeks get everyone back, lining everyone up in the box and then being hit on the counter when the crosses are cleared. Rooney will continue to offer little on the creative side and Valencia will continue to be absolutely shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

1-1 Just don't see United getting through the way they're setup and playing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

7-2

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Can't see Utd winning this, very poor performance v Liverpool. 2-1 Olympiakos.

We wish it was just a very poor performance, reality is that that level is all we are capable of at the moment with Moyes at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

I think man u will win by 3+ goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

4-1 United - i'm probably crazy but here goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

They won and drew v Benfica. Can we accept they are a better side than Benfica?

No.

• Advertisement

I've just seen that Olympiakos have played 11 times in England and lost every single game

Oh. dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I've just seen that Olympiakos have played 11 times in England and lost every single game

Oh. dear.
    They're **** tbf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We are just ****ter then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Oh. dear.

Bit of a pointless stat considering probably few if any of the current side were involved in any of those 11.

Mirror claiming Jones and Rio start in defense.

Bit of a pointless stat considering probably few if any of the current side were involved in any of those 11.

Mirror claiming Jones and Rio start in defense.

I'm just pointing out the potential of Moyes breaking yet another record in this record breaking season he's having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Will there be a banner cam in action tonight?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

United to qualify in extra time, 16/1. On penalties 33/1. I've had a tenner on both.

United to qualify in extra time, 16/1. On penalties 33/1. I've had a tenner on both.

A good charity could have done with that money ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Steve Armstrong from the United We Stand fanzine on SSN is talking the most sense in the media about United since July, agree completely with everything he's saying.

Steve Armstrong from the United We Stand fanzine on SSN is talking the most sense in the media about United since July, agree completely with everything he's saying.

What he say dude?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

2-2

If anybody else was in charge of Utd I would say 3-0 Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Can't see united scoring 3....and for that reason, they are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Can see utd scoring 2 in first half..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd say this thread could be in for a record CL first knock-out round head count tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Glad I got astro when this is on, not one bit confident we'll go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Im not that confident that Utd will get through tonight,It wont surprise me if it ends up going to extra time because of negative tactics like we saw in the Sunderland game in the League Cup,get back level and then play a game of "what we have we hold" and we all know how that ended up.

I hope to god this doesn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Who did you get 33/1 with?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Olympiakos are muck and so are United.
    United might score a couple but the fear is conceeding an away goal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

deisedevil wrote: »
    Who did you get 33/1 with?

Bet365

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Bet365

Sound. Just did it myself for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

0-0 @12/1

Hoping for a Yawntastic game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Giggs starts. MUTV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

#mufc team vs @Olympiacos_org: De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Welbeck; Rooney, van Persie.

substitutes: Lindegaard, Fellaini, Fletcher, Januzaj, Kagawa, Young, Hernandez.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Giggs starts. MUTV

Lol ah stop the lights!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

MUFC XI - De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Jones, Evra, Giggs, Carrick, Valencia, Welbeck, Rooney, Van Persie

Lol oh dear. Greeks to win so it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

1-1.

Not confident with that team at all.

Depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Ah lads that can't be the team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

BNMC wrote: »
    #mufc team vs @Olympiacos_org: De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Welbeck; Rooney, van Persie.

substitutes: Lindegaard, Fellaini, Fletcher, Januzaj, Kagawa, Young, Hernandez.

1315936438_walking_in_the_store_fail.gif

yFMU3eW.gif

rznVYNB.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement