Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad 2 finally discontinued. iPad 4 reborn

• 18-03-2014 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Apple finally filled off the iPad 2 and have reintroduced the iPad 4 16gb as the budget iPad.

http://store.apple.com/ie/ipad/compare

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

An 8GB model of the iPhone 5c is due soon as well. Interesting to see a little bit of a shake up.

I wonder how many people will grab this for €389 when the refurb iPad Air's become available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

This move makes sense for Apple. It means they're not selling any 30 pin or any non-retina display devices, it's all lightning and retina display.

Zcott wrote: »
    This move makes sense for Apple. It means they're not selling any 30 pin or any non-retina display devices, it's all lightning and retina display.

The iPhone 4s & iPod Classic ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

They're going to stop selling the iPhone 4s when the iPhone 6 comes out later this year. So really, that leaves iPod classic the real last one remaining.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    The iPhone 4s & iPod Classic ;-)

Doh! And yeah, the 4S will be discontinued this year, and they've all but killed the iPod Classic.

• Advertisement

Doh! And yeah, the 4S will be discontinued this year, and they've all but killed the iPod Classic.

Still a very reasonable product to have on sale but obviously doesn't really come into discussion.

The 4s will most likely be chopped at the end of the year and the end of the 3.5" display allowing for the increased size of the 6, I expect.

Actually, the more I think about this the more I realise that it's not a great idea for the iPhone. 8gb is pretty miserable for anyone to have to work with, and the recent 7.1 update required about Gb free, which instantly means all 5C owners will have to delete half of the stuff on their iPhones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Actually, the more I think about this the more I realise that it's not a great idea for the iPhone. 8gb is pretty miserable for anyone to have to work with, and the recent 7.1 update required about Gb free, which instantly means all 5C owners will have to delete half of the stuff on their iPhones.

The 5C model won't be available to most counties though, even Ireland won't be getting it for now anyway. The iPad w/ Retina is definitely a good price now, I discouraged two people from buying the iPad 2 at Christmas and now one of them will be picking up the 4th gen instead. Not only is it a lightning connector device but will get future iOS updates a lot longer than the iPad 2. It's even €10 cheaper. Much better option.

Advertisement